Death nell of Nitro??

population,

double-FISHWICH on

This legal definition would indicate that bothe Grant and Paul are right in differant context's.

Sport Pilot

I agree. It is a very liberal state. Lots of gun restrictions, lots of welfare programs that benefit those moving in from other countries, but nothing for the state's residents, etc.

I was teasing a little. I like Georgia a great deal. The only thing I miss from NJ, besides my friends and family, of course, is the cheesesteaks and pizza.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Its possible to issue non voting shares as well, or concoct other ways to take peoples money withot giving them the option of a new face at the top.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not sure that is legal in the US. But I know of no company that has non voting shares.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@enews4.newsguy.com...

Open your own place Ed. Give the Georgians a little Yankee treat! :)

And make a buck doing it!

Reply to
Chuck Jones

It's not just NJ, it's anyone from the north. It's because they lost the war. All these years later, they still haven't gotten over it.

Reply to
C G

To be honest it may not be in a publically listed company, but it certainly is in a private one.

Its also perfectly possible to loan a company a massive amount of money, and hae no shares, and no voting rights at all.

It is certainly possible, and often dine, to have diferent classes of shares at different values with DIFFERENT rights attached to them. A Ords, B Ords & Preference shares etc. etc.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

just could not help myelf . I own stock in several large company's i can vote or let one of the officers use my proxy .I also own stock in a trucking co . My stocks in that co are common and not prefered only prefered can vote in that co .

Reply to
twostik

SNIP

Hey D.H.! Any AMERICAN political party is better than a staunch drunk like yourself.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Normally prefered stock is a high dividend stock that doesn't have voting rights but gets prefered status when the company goes bust, they get paid after the bonds but before the common shareholders. It's kinda like a high risk bond.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

You go WAY too far because THAT sir, is not provable.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

"Six_O'Clock_High"

Reply to
Chuck Jones

And what DH said was? At least Chuch only offended one person, Jane Fonda, as it is not provable that DH can be offended.

Reply to
Sport Pilot

Agreed Chuck!

It's the best time to invest ever!..

But my advisors call me a "Contrarian" .. Seems I am most often doing exactly the opposite of what most others do...

Works OK for me tho...

Dave

Reply to
Dave

If you are referring to me, I am seldom offended. Depressed possibly..by the lack of wit, acuity and intelligence behind your staunch defense of the indefensible...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If those advisors knew what they were talking about, they'd have real jobs! :)

Seriously, if you find you're usually doing the opposite of what they advise, and it works. I'd be tempted to look for some new advisors. Unless you're at the point now where you automatically go opposite their advice.

Picked up some Krispy Kreme a month ago. I won't go into the details of why I did it but, it's now up some 60 plus percent and climbing. Still plenty of deals on the American Market regardless what our enemies want us to believe.

European GDP is growing slower than ours and in some countries, not growing at all. The European population is aging faster than ours too. Placing an even greater strain on their retirement and benefit systems than what is on ours. Of course, Europe will probably expect us to bail them out of this one as well.

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Ummm... no, they are offering great advise. It is the other "masses" of investors that I (we) are contrary to. When the "dots" bommed, I was buying good stuff at fire sale prices because the "masses" were selling big time. Many good, solid, profitable companies took a hit in their stock value only because of the panic. They be came seriously undervalued, no fault of their own.

So, I, being the "contrarian" was buying at the time that the panic sellers were cashing out into guaranteed funds, locking in their losses, and I was shopping the bargan bins for good stuff they had cast off. (with my advisers, - they helped pick the good ones)

I wiser gentleman some time ago told me that 2 things run the stock market, - fear and greed... I believe he is right..

Europe, I agree...I hauled freight 18 months ago..

US, I hauled out Feb 15, a week late, but no prob.... lotta stuff gotta get fixed before it will start gaining again, except in spots...

Canada.. it's rockin! Stronger by the day...... :) I will stay there for a while. Canadian feds have surplusses, and are re-investing in the business climate and paying down debt, a good sign.....

Things can change ..

Good luck with the dough! Great fun , huh?

Dave

.>If those advisors knew what they were talking about, they'd have real jobs! >:)

Reply to
Dave

Isn't it amazing how many fail to understand the concept of buy low and sell high? I stepped out of the dot com bubble about three weeks before the roof caved in and the bottom fell out. I honestly expected it to happen but figured it would be a couple of months later. Almost blew it!

Fear and greed make sense. I just view times like now as a target rich environment. The thing most people forget is that someone is always making money in the market. Regardless what the market is doing! The trick is learning how to be that someone. Diversity certainly helps.

Good luck with the Great White North. Stay clear of freezers and ice cube makers! :)

Reply to
Chuck Jones

Hehe... I was more conservative, I stepped out about 2 months earlier!

Waaaay tooooo much hype/unfounded growth for me!

Prices were just getting stupid related to earnings. (OR THE LACK OF)

The "Fear" thing...I got afraid of the growth! :)

Stocks are somewhat like boats and airplanes,- if it dosn't feel, sound or look right, it probably isn't... :(

Cheers!

Dave

Reply to
Dave