Krylon Paint

Has anyone had any experience stripping Krylon paint from a model covered with Solartex? I bought this 1/3 scale Fly Baby bipe a while ago painted with maroon krylon. The Krylon hasn't bonded with the Solaretex and keeps chipping off. I know this will be a project to refinish but it's a great flying airplane and deserves a decent paint job, more like in Stearman colors. Ray Hinds

Reply to
Marion & Ray

Ray... I think you're fighting a lost cause... Solartex will absorb the exhaust oils and even if you could strip the old paint, it's unlikely you'll get ANYTHING to bond now...

You may wanna consider recovering the whole plane...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Fulmer