RC Universe Ruined!

Umm, it's a NEW thing. Inevitably there will be problems with something NEW. Maybe, just maybe, it would be prudent to withhold passing judgement on the new site until it's fully functional?

Reply to
Mathew Kirsch

| There is and has been even before RCU was conceived. | |

And decades before

was a gleam in it's daddy's eye, there was Usenet. And I can read Usenet easily without touching my mouse!

| > Funny that's one of the things I like about the NG. Don't have to | > read the threads you don't like. Would be nice to have a site that | > allows discussion of anything, but has a place for off topic | > discussion.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

I don't have a big problem with flightlines.com, but I'd like to stay as "local" as possible. Note the contact info for flightlines.com: Flightlines

98 The Pines, Castleknock Dublin, leinster D15

MJC

Reply to
MJC

Well I suppose that may be an issue for some, though I wouldn't know why. The majority of posts are from the US and some from Canada and other countries. Flightlines has its quirks, and the owner is from Ireland, but it run mostly by folks in the US, me being one of them, with the exception of a few moderators. It's just an alternative out there to use for forums and classifieds.

-- Eric Kler Fubar Hill -

spinning-medicine."

Reply to
Eric Kler

Yeah but I bet he gets lonely without attention

-- Eric Kler Fubar Hill -

Eric Kler

Nobody was asking for anything new. IIRC RCU's polls on the subject showed a lack of interest in change.

If I wanted something NEW, I'd put up with the changes and the issues involved. I didn't. Now that I'm forced to have something NEW, I'll just stick to the other forums that I always looked at, but never joined in. Hows that for NEW.

Reply to
mineeart