Re: Partnerships.City of Rowlett(TX)Radio Control Flying Club

anyone interested in seeking further information about this new club

City of Rowlett Radio Control Flying Club Rowlett, Texas

is asked to contact one of their club officers directly and personally

It surely would be nice to have an e-mail contact rather than a phon number, snail mail address, etc. I'm surprised to see that so many o the officer's are not Rowlett residents. Of course, good leadershi can come from anywhere... Thank

-- Nola

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nolan's Profile:

this thread:

Nolan

Where is Rowlett?? I'm from Beaumont

Walt/GM/BRCC

Reply to
TX_QBALL

NE of Dallas by Garland.

David

Reply to
David AMA40795 / KC5UH

Here- is - Rowlett..

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: rowlett3.jpg |Download:
Nolan

Gentlemen of the Rowlett RC Club:

I can't seem to get a response from anyone that I can locate on th Net. However, I would like to make one suggestion for the new Rowlet RC Web site. Why not have a message board on the site so members ca ask and receive information on a variety of subjects? I note that mos other RC clubs don't have this, and it would be an indispensable asse to members that are just starting out in the hobby...and, to some of u "old farts, too."

Not to be one that makes grandiose suggestions for others t accomplish. I'll be glad to spend some time helping with the Web Site If I can't do it, I have a son living nearby that should be able t help. He's a software applications programmer for MCI, and formerly a ISP network administrator-Cisco, etc. Together we should be able t make some kind of meaningful contribution to the club.

Thanks a million for your attention,

Best regards,

Nolan

Nolan Bailey, Sr. Cordelia Road Rowlett, TX www.firebirds.or

-- Nola

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Nolan's Profile:

this thread:

Nolan

The field is open and is on Dexham Road North of Hwy 66. Still needs some work. City owned maintained and operated. City permit required (free). Go to Community Center (just past Rowlett High School) show AMA card and drivers license. They will make copies of both. You face west when you fly.

20 lb size limit

No club has 'control' of the field. AMA membership and city permit is all that's required to fly there.

The flying area is pretty small and there are a lot of houses around. There are walking trails all the way around the area, duck ponds, soccer fields, etc; so there are lots of 'no fly' areas. The size of the area is much more suited to .20-.40 size planes than giant gassers. I realize some pilots can keep the big planes confined to a small flight box; but I fear that when a lot of 20 pound planes start flying there, neighbors will complain and the city will pull the plug.

Reply to
Carrell

Well...here's a starter for a Rowlett RC logo--if the club doesn't hav one already. Here's hoping that others will modify and/or post other for consideration by the board. This is posted for "brainstorming" an "idea expansion," only. As you can see, I am not an "artist.

Nolan