Thomas Shannon

Just wondering if anyone here has been scammed by Thomas (Dell) Shannon?
He took payments from several people off of Ebay and never sent items.
He's in Iowa.
Federal Mail Fraud charges are being filed against him by several people and
all information would be appreciated.
MJC
Reply to
MJC
maybe try sending the guy a letter. There is a lot of frauds happening to people where the ebay account are taken over by third parties..
There is always two sides to a story, maybe you have already got his side of it, IMHO
Reply to
tailfeathers
Nope, this is a real scam(s) done by Thomas Shannon. He actually claimed that his Ebay account WAS hacked in the beginning, but THAT was the lie to buy him more time and he continued scamming people. His correct address and phone number has been verified, and one of the victims even found Shannons flying club website where Shannon is the club webmaster and club president (of all things!), and Shannon yanked the site as soon as the first of several Mail Fraud complaints were filed against him as we begin closing in on him. He's a real crook, and several of us are getting together with as much coordinated information as possible to make a Federal charge of Mail Fraud stick. He's already written me back bragging that no one will do anything to him (that's the "other side of the story" you are referring to). He was banned by Ebay and he also scammed some people off of RCU where he was quickly banned as well. There are a few of us who are going to do our best to prove him wrong and we are simply trying to see if anyone else has been robbed by him. The Feds will pay more attention to him if there are multiple, unrelated, Mail Fraud complaints.
MJC
Reply to
MJC
Go get him!!! Good luck! I hope you make it stick!
Reply to
jeboba
A month ago he claimed to be shipping the plane I sent him money for. I called a couple of weeks ago because I mailed a postal money order to a post office box and hoped there was just a simple misunderstanding. I was told by the gal that answered the phone that this was the address and phone number of his parents. Shannon, Tom & Robin
2552 130th Ave
Murray, IA 50174-8086
(641) 447-2909
If you have something different, please share.
If you don't have it, holler and I will give you the number of the postal investigators. I am sure that lots and lots of complaints will cause a stir.
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
He seems to have run at least one scam here.
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High
I really must say, that in all trying to revover what ever it is you lost, its really not appropriate to post this kind of information on the internet. How would you like someone posting your parents info on the net ?
Like I said I have an open mind and I have had my share of bad dealings, and in most cases a simple letter sent to the party cleared things up.
surely would be easier than all this chatter and what not thats going on here.
Reply to
tailfeathers
Seems to me that he involved his parents in his dealings. That may be a good thing as they may have some influence in him making good on his deals.
At least he has someone to deal with. Everything had been going rather well for a year or so. Then the company took my money, kept promising delivery, then just up and disappeared. Anyone have any knowledge of Fuzhou Wings Model Fitting Company?
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
how did he involve his parents ?
Reply to
tailfeathers
Good on you!
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Their number just rang the last time I tried. Their fax was still hooked up but they didn't respond to a couple of faxes I sent. Here are their numbers. I'll certainly give a good reward if the products suddenly show up!
PHONE:86-591-3370667 FAX:86-591-3326146
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
I must have missed that, because what I read was when he called the post office the lady gave the info not Thomas.
Reply to
tailfeathers
The post office will not give out ANY information regarding addresses or PO boxes. If they do, they will get fired as it is strictly against federal law to do so.
-- Paul McIntosh
Reply to
Paul McIntosh
Wish I would have found this thread earlier. The prick got me for
Saito engine
-- Rotor Tras ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Rotor Trash's Profile:
this thread:
Rotor Trash
Would you mind posting what you were responding to?
I only see your "watch out for Shannon", but don't see the particulars as to why, in my browser.
Thanks.
Reply to
Morgans
Someday someone will catch up with him. He took my money and never sent the aircraft. Did you send him an engine or did you send him money for the engine and not get it?
Good luck,
Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High