What Gives with the Religioud Crap?

I just downloaded the latest posts and 7 of the posts were some form
of religious garbage. This is rec.models.rc.air NOT rec.jesus.freaks.
I consider myself a believer but certainly not a religious fanatic
that insists on flooding the newsgroups with their pathetic ramblings
about how we need to do this or that to get to heaven. If you have to
post this stuff to make youself feel like you are a religious person,
PLEASE take it to a news group for that purpose.
Leave this group alone for us that are here to post articles about our
hobby.
Reply to
Carl
| I just downloaded the latest posts and 7 of the posts were some form | of religious garbage. This is rec.models.rc.air NOT rec.jesus.freaks.
That's fine, but you're preaching to the choir. (And this really is the perfect analogy.)
Do you think the `jesus freaks' (not the best way to refer to somebody that you want to do something for you) really read this group? Posting to the group is NOT going to reach them. The best answer is to killfile them, but if you want to complain, complain to their ISP -- not here. By posting here, you're just adding to the noise.
| I consider myself a believer
I believe in Futaba, Hitec and JR as well. And OS, Saito, Aveox, Astroflight and others. Lots to believe in!
Airtronics, well, my faith is somewhat shaken there. Yesterday I was flying my Dynaflite Butterfly around and I suddenly lost control. I had several seconds to attempt to regain control, but never did, and the plane went into a spin about 200 yards away and went into the trees. Took about 40 minutes to find it in a tree (alas, this plane didn't have an Air Alert), and amazingly the only damage was that the steel joining rod was bent -- the covering wasn't even poked through!
Of course, now I'm scared to fly the plane. The batteries were good and the plane passed a range check after the fact with flying colors. I wonder if somebody's fsking with our club and deliberately interefering with us. I do have a scanner but couldn't pick up anything after the event ...
Oh well, I'll investigate it a bit more. And I'll throw an Air Alert into the plane before I fly it again. I suspect that Airtonics isn't to blame at all, but who knows ...
| Leave this group alone for us that are here to post articles about our | hobby.
To be fair, your post wasn't about our hobby either. In fact, your post was more about religion than our hobby.
Reply to
Doug McLaren
Yes, you are so right...I am as much at fault as they are..I thought of that after I sent it out.
Reply to
Carl

Site Timeline