ATTEXT

I'm having some trouble being able to extract attribute values from blocks that were either pasted in, or inserted with MEASURE or DIVIDE. Why is that? Is this normal? Is there a setting I've missed to be able to do that when I insert them or when I invoke the ATTEXT command?

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn

I've heard from others on this problem and it appears that the attributes don't come with the block in MEASURE and DIVIDE. Also, sometimes pasting the blocks causes you to lose the ability to extract data. It's been this way forever and Autodesk never fixes it. Well they probably will now, because I have a fix. It's one of the few routines on my site that is NOT free. But it's worth every penny of the price. It works on everything that I can think of that you would want to measure or divide: lines, polylines, splines, arcs and circles. No more need to put hundreds of blocks in your drawings one- by-one. It would be an excellent ool for landscape architects who spread shrubs or sprinklers in an equidistant pattern. Also could be helpful for fire sprinkler design, or interior/exterior lighting patterns. Designing circuit boards with AutoCAD and need to spread out some inline l.e.d.'s or filter caps (Hey, anything is possible) ?

Check out my website, scroll down to the part about ATTEXT users and click on the link provided.

Bill DeShawn

Bill DeShawn