AutoSave problems

I'm an IT guy in an electrical engineering firm, supporting pc's of which about 10 are running autocad 2005. Some CAD persons are pulling
they hair out because the autosave will mysteriously become disabled. This seems to be a known issue in AC2K5 caused by the PUBLISH command. I've never seen this actually occur. Found code for a VBA reactor to restore AutoSave. Recommendations anyone? Can this prob be duplicated? thanks,