Losing Site

Hello all, got a question that I'm hoping someone can answer:
When ever I dimension an object or even a 2D line, I click on one end, then
the other, than I lose site of everything while trying to place my dimension line, once I click though it all appears. Is there a setting for this or something? It happens when I grab an object in 2D or 3D and move it too, as soon as I select move the item disappears until I click again to place it....
Thanks in advance to any replies, it's got me stumped.... :)
BJ Salem, Or.
Make sure the "DRAGMODE" system variable is set to "auto".
Jeff

then
dimension
as
I think you need to look at the DRAGMODE command. Set it to 2 for auto.
(Distilled) wrote:

You guys nailed it.... thanks a bunch!!!

there's another thing that causes this to happen, and it has nothing to do with dragmode. you will notice that if you freeze layer DEFPOINTS, then go to create a dimension, you will not see it until it's created. You will only see the "rubber band line" between your first and second points, then you have to pick your placement point for the string w/ no dim there... but after you do, the dim. magically appears. Try it, you'll see what I mean.
Just keep that in mind if it ever happens again, and the dragmode is set properly.
peace.