Objects dropped from selection set

Architectural Desktop 2004

When I want to stretch, move or otherwise manipulate a large group of entities it is often necessary to zoom in to get the selection window exactly where desired. After zooming back there are always items dropped from the set. The items picked that are prior to zooming in and moved off the screen are always the ones dropped (this also occurs in ADT2002). Is there a variable setting that will keep all items in the set? This isn't a big problem with more/copy/etc. as the dropped items can be selected again. It is a problem when invoking stretch as you have only one chance (unless using express multiple object stretch).

Thanks

Reply to
George B

That behaviour is "by design" :o(

Try this: Make a block out of two objects. Make a WINDOW selection around one of the block-objects . The block doesn't get selected. That's correct. Zoom/pan so one objects is completley off screen. Make another WINDOW selection around the visible part of the block. Now the block gets seletced. Thats's not correct.

Conny

"George B" skrev i meddelandet news:Urmhb.41661$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Conny Klasson

Thanks for the reply. But, why is it so? It makes no sense for this behavior ;-(

Reply to
George B

Have no idea, it's been this way since R14 I believe. Try this:

Here's another one: Select "Last" doesn't mean "Select last created object". It means "Select last created *visible* object". If the last created object happens to be off screen then the it will select the last created on-screen-object :o(

And: Create a line with a linetype like "Dashed". Zoom/Pan so some of the segements becomes off screen. Now window select the visible segments...

Conny

"George B" skrev i meddelandet news:SPYhb.44587$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Conny Klasson

Try to create GROUP from objects that you would like to pick. It works for me. I make group and name it "1". Then after I finish to edit this group objects I explode it. Lev

Reply to
Lev Milchin