Plot preview shows extra lines not in drawing

Hi All-

Acad LT 2004 or ADT2004 show extra lines in the plot preview and paper plot that aren't in the actual drawing. The lines usually start at text entities and end in the corners of the drawing.

Any ideas?

TIA

Mike L.

Reply to
Mike Loescher

A display card issue, perhaps? If this occurs with TrueType fonts (and not .shx fonts), then I'd suspect it's yet another example of AutoCAD's running battle with TrueType.

If you haven't already done so, try downloading and installing the latest drivers for your video card. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Paul-

Tried "rolling back" to included XP driver. Had installed driver from ATI website. Same problem either way.

Thanks though.

Paul Turvill wrote:

Reply to
Mike Loescher

A plotter/printer driver issue seems to be more likely.

Which driver and version is used (Windows or AC ADI/HDI driver)?

Plotter manufacturer and model?

N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

Why? The problem is with the *preview* *display* -- not the plots. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Reply to
TomD

Not AFAIK. Screen vectors are a far cry from their translation to printer language (which *is* handled by the printer/plotter driver). The only part of the plotting information needed for the screen preview are things like paper size, plot scale, and whether the plot is extents, limits, window, or whatever. The device driver comes into play when translating the vector data to printer language. Anyway, if the problem is only with the display, and the errant lines don't plot, wouldn't that suggest something to you? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Good points. I never had a reason to think that much about it. Now that I have, I'd have to agree with you. ;)

Reply to
TomD

"show extra lines in the plot preview AND paper plot" gaves me the impression that the plot on paper *huh* is affected too

maybe my bad english skills.. anyway

good luck N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

No, mine. I formed a strong first impression based on the Subject line, and missed the part in the body of the first post that said "and paper plot." Apologies to all. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Mike, Run the preview, then hit your 'print screen' key. Paste into word/photo editor and post it so that everyone can see what you are talking about more clearly. Perhaps then these guys can identify your problem better.

Regards,

Brian

Reply to
Brian Spillane

pls don't poste binaries to this newsgroup.

thx N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund

Excuse me ?

Reply to
Brian Spillane

this is a text based newsgroup, pls don't post screen shots (= binary attachments). Send a PM instead if required.

hth N.

Reply to
Norbert Grund