Summagraphics mm1812 setup

I've rescued an old Summagraphics mm1812 digitizer tablet from going to the landfill. The previous own tells me it works but I am having trouble
setting it up. Following are the specifications.
Dell XPS R450 running Win2000 SP2 HID compliant (USB) mouse Acad Map 2000i
Driver: GTCO CalComp TabletWorks V 10.03 Build 4 Tablet: Summagraphics mm1812 w/ 4btn pointer.
TabletWorks Configuration sees and correctly identifies the tablet but the tablet will not take over the pointer. Acad says the current pinter cannot be used as a tablet.
Any ideas?
Chuck
"CJensen" <farview at frontier dot net> wrote in message

the
cannot
Correction- Acad does recognize the Wintab driver but Windows does not see the tablet cursor.

Good Luck
CJensen wrote:

Good Luck