Can anyone help with a tablet question

Please help me out.

I have just purchased a second hand Summagraphics III 18" x 12" digitising tablet.

I have got it working. It moves the cursor in Windows (I'm using XP) and in AutoCAD (2004). BUT, when I go to configure the tablet using TABLET at the command prompt it tells me that my pointing device cannot be used as a tablet.

Now I know that this is not true as I have worked on AutoCAD before with a Summagraphics Tablet attached.

Is it just a driver problem?

Does AutoCAD 2004 have some strange quirk with these tablets?

Please help me out.

Cheers

Darren Gray New Zealand, Home of the Lord of the Rings

Reply to
darrengray

Which Windows driver are you using (latest is available at

Have you selected the WinTAB driver in AutoCAD preferences, then clicked on Mouse and Digitizer? We're using DrawingBoard III's which are similar to the Summagraphics, and have had no problems. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

In respect to the drivers I will follow the link and download them.

In preferences the WinTAB driver is selected but the buttons for Mouse and Digitiser are grey out. Something sounds wrong there. Mouse and Digitser is selected though.

Thanks for the help

Darren Gray

Reply to
darrengray

I forgot to say I am running the tablet on a laptop via a usb port. I have a bridge cable running. I hope this is not the problem?

Reply to
darrengray