Can anyone help with a tablet question

Please help me out.
I have just purchased a second hand Summagraphics III 18" x 12" digitising
tablet.
I have got it working. It moves the cursor in Windows (I'm using XP) and in
AutoCAD (2004). BUT, when I go to configure the tablet using TABLET at the
command prompt it tells me that my pointing device cannot be used as a
tablet.
Now I know that this is not true as I have worked on AutoCAD before with a
Summagraphics Tablet attached.
Is it just a driver problem?
Does AutoCAD 2004 have some strange quirk with these tablets?
Please help me out.
Cheers
Darren Gray
New Zealand, Home of the Lord of the Rings
Reply to
darrengray
Which Windows driver are you using (latest is available at
? Have you selected the WinTAB driver in AutoCAD preferences, then clicked on Mouse and Digitizer? We're using DrawingBoard III's which are similar to the Summagraphics, and have had no problems. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
In respect to the drivers I will follow the link and download them.
In preferences the WinTAB driver is selected but the buttons for Mouse and Digitiser are grey out. Something sounds wrong there. Mouse and Digitser is selected though.
Thanks for the help
Darren Gray
Reply to
darrengray
I forgot to say I am running the tablet on a laptop via a usb port. I have a bridge cable running. I hope this is not the problem?
Reply to
darrengray