Wheres the file extension?

I just re-installed windows xp, and i noticed when you open the properties options on a file the extension is'nt shown like I would before, example "
Drawing1.dwg", now all i see is "Drawing1", all I use to do was change the ".dwg" on properties, I use to be able to change the file to a for exmaple to a "tiff", now I cant, so what can I do, without chaning the application?
click "my computer" at the top click on "tools, folder options" next pick the "view" tab... scroll down to "hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck. That should fix it.
jmex wrote:

properties
example "

change the

exmaple
application?
In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, and then View. Make sure there is NOT a check mark in the Hide File Extensions for known files box.