Wheres the file extension?

I just re-installed windows xp, and i noticed when you open the properties
options on a file the extension is'nt shown like I would before, example "
Drawing1.dwg", now all i see is "Drawing1", all I use to do was change the
".dwg" on properties, I use to be able to change the file to a for exmaple
to a "tiff", now I cant, so what can I do, without chaning the application?
Reply to
jmex
click "my computer" at the top click on "tools, folder options" next pick the "view" tab... scroll down to "hide extensions for known file types" and uncheck. That should fix it.
jmex wrote:
properties
change the
application?
Reply to
Darph Bobo
In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, and then View. Make sure there is NOT a check mark in the Hide File Extensions for known files box.
Reply to
Karen