power hammer terminology, parts?

What is a "sow block"?

Are any parts still available from anywhere for Little Giant/Mayer Bros./Moloch power hammers? (aka trip hammers)

Thanks, Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Sid Suedmeier will send you a catalogue of all available parts. He has nearly every part for little giants except for the frame.

To help reduce the possibility of spam I will email the contact info to anyone who doesn't already know.

brad

Grant Erwin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Reply to
brad

The hammer in this picture has a sow block. It is the removable piece holding the lower die. Sort of a removable piece to the bottom anvil.

Sid is an excellent guy to deal with. He has bought rights to manufacture parts for LG hammers and keeps a pretty good stock. I bought something from him, had never met him, and he just sent it to me with a bill. I asked if he ever had any problems with people giving him bad checks--he said "No, but I do know lots of big guys all over the US who would help if I did"!

Here's an article you may want to f> What is a "sow block"?

Reply to
Steve Smith

Sid Suedmeier

420 4th Corso Nebraska City, NE 68410 Phone: 402/873-6603

Cheers,

Kelley

Reply to
Kelley Mascher