power hammer terminology, parts?

What is a "sow block"?
Are any parts still available from anywhere for Little Giant/Mayer Bros./Moloch power hammers? (aka trip hammers)
Thanks, Grant
Sid Suedmeier will send you a catalogue of all available parts. He has nearly every part for little giants except for the frame.
To help reduce the possibility of spam I will email the contact info to anyone who doesn't already know.
brad

http://www.anvilmag.com/ad/lgiant.htm
The hammer in this picture has a sow block. It is the removable piece holding the lower die. Sort of a removable piece to the bottom anvil.
Sid is an excellent guy to deal with. He has bought rights to manufacture parts for LG hammers and keeps a pretty good stock. I bought something from him, had never met him, and he just sent it to me with a bill. I asked if he ever had any problems with people giving him bad checks--he said "No, but I do know lots of big guys all over the US who would help if I did"!
Here's an article you may want to find the second half to: http://www.anvilmag.com/smith/011f2.htm
Steve Smith
Grant Erwin wrote:

Sid Suedmeier 420 4th Corso Nebraska City, NE 68410 Phone: 402/873-6603
Cheers,
Kelley
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:56:37 -0800, Grant Erwin