Better Ideas For Workholding

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

larryrozer

Nice link

Reply to
reidmachine

Q1: Why does Larry Rozer always work with one hand in his pocket?

Q2: Why is there no pocket?

Reply to
Proctologically Violated®©

It must kill you to have to say it.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

I suppose it's nice for small stuff, but then machining harder stuff and you have vibration issues, I see the base could and should have a better design to provide more stiffness.

Reply to
raamman

So design a better one and market it. The concept makes a lot of sense for a country that has a love affair with the VMC.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Rigggght. Have you looked in a Summit catalog any time in the last 15 years?

Reply to
Joe788

As soon as you sell something in decent volume you had better accept that the Chinese are going to go after your market.

They Chinese don't waste their time with BobCRAP. They use Pro/E that they buy for $5.00.

This guy has one hell of a business and I would bet makes more money than Darrell Reid does. He=92s also not anywhere close to a one man bad like Darrell says he is. No Haas=92s to be found in his shop. Only heavy duty iron, which makes sense for what he needs. He's a very smart guy who knows it's only a matter of time before he's competing with the Chinese. Back when I first was thinking of moving here. I sent him a resume. He called me right away and offered to hire me. So did the other 4 people I interviewed with. The person who's offer I took turned out to be friends with this guy. He does some cool stuff but I thought I would get bored very quickly working there.

Like most of the automotive after-market people I know and have worked with he's not an engineer. He designed this engine and still sells about 20 of them a year.

This guy is also not an engineer and he designs his own gearboxes:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

.

So your answer is, you've NEVER designed, manufactured, and sold any engine components. Thanks for clearing that up.

Have you even fallen down a flight of stairs with a briefcase full of cold pizza?

[...]

there it goes again, the repeater is going full tilt!

You havent posted the questions you said I asked at the other forum, why? Um, maybe because they dont exist?

"D"

Reply to
reidmachine

"You havent posted the questions you said I asked at the other forum"

Post a direct quote from me where I said this.

Until then:

As soon as you sell something in decent volume you had better accept that the Chinese are going to go after your market.

They Chinese don't waste their time with BobCRAP. They use Pro/E that they buy for $5.00.

This guy has one hell of a business and I would bet makes more money than Darrell Reid does. He=92s also not anywhere close to a one man band like Darrell says he is. No Haas=92s to be found in his shop. Only heavy duty iron, which makes sense for what he needs. He's a very smart guy who knows it's only a matter of time before he's competing with the Chinese. Back when I first was thinking of moving here. I sent him a resume. He called me right away and offered to hire me. So did the other 4 people I interviewed with. The person who's offer I took turned out to be friends with this guy. He does some cool stuff but I thought I would get bored very quickly working there.

Like most of the automotive after-market people I know and have worked with he's not an engineer. He designed this engine and still sells about 20 of them a year.

This guy is also not an engineer and he designs his own gearboxes:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

Isn't the jonbanquer.blogspot.com linked to or part of a pirated software site?

Maybe that's where they get ProE for $5.00 Jon is talking about.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

You havent posted the questions you said I asked at the other forum"

Post a direct quote from me where I said this.

Still waiting.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

*Still waiting*

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

gk

Reply to
gk

*Still waiting*

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

jon_banquer

As requested.

"D"

Reply to
reidmachine

Weird how the lunatic kept asking you to find his post, while it was in this very topic. I was wondering how many times he would repeat himself before somebody pointed it out to him. He'll certainly return to copy/paste mode now.

Reply to
Joe788

Wrong, Darrell. What I requested is that you provide proof that shows I said you asked questions on another forum. I'm still waiting for that proof, Darrell. So far you have shown no proof and instead have tried to spin and misdirect.

What I said is when someone asks a Mastercam question on alt.machines.cnc you wimp out and refer them to the e-Mastercam.

Still waiting for the proof, Darrell

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer