Gunner's Status

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:34:19 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

This is exactly why liberals like Bob don't want people to have guns.
They think along the lines of wishing people dead because they made a comment they didn't like.
They therefore think others think like they do and also wish people dead for stupid reasons.
And mean gun owners could therefore be potential time bombs waiting to go off and snap at any moment.
Like Bob.
Well. I mean if Bob had a pair, that is.
I didn't know your wife had brain cancer, Bob. With all due respect to your wife I hope it's all worked out well and she is OK.
I'm puzzled though.
One would then assume she has a brain.
Which begs the question - did the illness drastically affect her ability to make rational decisions and would that then explain why she married you?
Did anyone ever say you were a class act? Humm, I thought not.
The setup

The zinger

Statistically, my wife's odds of living another three years are about 20%. However, deep down inside, I always knew that LIRM was cut from the same mold as gummer.

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:16:49 -0500, Bob Brock wrote:

My heart and well wishes to you and your wife.

--
Regards, Curly

I'm sorry, Bob. I wish you both the best. Sue
Sue wrote:

Is "compassionate liberals" an oxymoron?

Me? A liberal? In some ways, but not all. I float and flit here and there and have little respect for politicians of any sort. :o) Sue
Mark F wrote:

No.
Dan

With one major exception. Be a conservative and see if any compassion comes your way.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I'm a conservative. I know lots of liberals who are perfectly fine with that.
What you MEANT to say was: "With one major exception. Be a hypocrite and see if any compassion comes your way."
You may actually be on to something there...
Dan

I guess I just know the bedwetters.

Actually, that isn't what I meant at all.

You may actually be on something...

Me too. I can understand Bob lashing out at people given his circumstance. That's why I don't wish ill on him.
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 07:06:05 -0800, hot-ham-and-cheese wrote:

It's pleasant to see that you have a tad of compassion after all.
Good job.
--
Regards, Curly

-----
You're getting on my bad side again. I've got a lot of compassion, asswipe.
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 21:16:49 -0500, Bob Brock
<snip>

------------ My best wishes for you and your wife.

She has gone to see her sister who had surgery for exactly the same kind of cancer that she had. Her sister isn't expected to see the end of the year.
I'll pass along your wishes.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?
And kick the dog?
And pulled the wings off a few flies?
Before breakfast?
TMT
He's one of those compassionate conservatives we keep hearing about.
Hawke

Wouldn't you think that someone that is strongly against universal health care and who believes that everyone should pay their own way, including their own health insurance, shouldn't be taking anything from the state? I mean, when you say you have to take personal responsibility and then you don't buy your own health insurance isn't it wrong to ask the state to pay for you? Would he be so tolerant of a poor ghetto youth getting free heart surgery? You know he wouldn't. He said everyone should pay his own way but then takes free health care when he's in trouble. What kind of a person does that?
Hawke
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:46:01 -0800, "Hawke"

A person like gummer. That's who. Did you notice how puffed up his buddies got when I simply said that I sincerely hope that one day he gets the health care that he wishes on everyone else? Those are the same friends who equally think that people who can't afford health care couldn't get it.
The truth be known, they really think that there are two kinds of people who deserve health care. Those who can afford it or have insurance and them/their friends. People who think like that should try moving to Colombia. It's really like that there. No money? No insurance? No service.
Hawke wrote:

Think about it.
Universal health care is envisioned by the public as cradle-to-grave medical care with full access to the same services and surgeries as received by those with full insurance coverage.
Where current costs to the individual minimize medical visits, such would not be the case when all believe that medical coverage is free and their right.
This is not possible. Most of the GNP would have to be diverted from education and defense to meet such expectations.
Not only that but these great expectations would expand the political importance of the medical industry and create vast opportunities for payola and fraud.