Gunner's Status

You are correct. Since Gunner will not be paying for his medical care that means someone else will be footing his bill. This is generally passed on to the taxpayer in one form or another. I live in California so I will be paying for some portion of it somehow. I don't oppose this actually. But then I am a believer in universal health care. If we had it now he would be cared for and it would be done the cheapest way. I guarantee that the way it's done now will be very costly. Normally the costs for Gunner's bills would be cost shifted to the people who have insurance, to the hospital, or to the state. If we had universal care his medical care would be paid for by all of us, which is the most efficient way of doing it. The irony is that he's against that kind of system but he's all for taking the benefits from it. Which is why he's a dick. You would think that this little episode would have shown him why universal health care is good for poor folk like him. But I doubt it will have any effect on him and he will continue to complain about a system that has saved his life. Which is why...

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Really? That must have been a great gig. Did I get some really good mileage out of it?

Winny....you claim all Im all go, with no show....but yet you complain that I offer to back it up.

Why havent you yet put it to the test? Now Id really appreciate if if you would wait a couple months until this open heart thingy heals up...but hey...if you are admitting its the only time you are going to be able to back up you fat mouth and tiny brain....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Me? Im well known as a lovable harmless fuzzball. It appears to be you feckless fucktards that try to make me into some evil bastard. Either I am, or Im not. I wish you asshats would make up your minds

Round them up and do what bidding? You drifted off on a tangent again son...slap yourself, take your meds and try that in English again

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Mommmy?

Then we would have to ignore you ..and you are far too entertaining

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner, you sit there all crippled up with your breastbone split and standing up to pee with a Foley. Ain't no man worth his salt going to go to jail for whipping a cripple.

Reply to
Bob Brock

But I can give you examples of at least half a dozen other countries where they do have health care systems just like what I'm talking about. And you know what? They pay about half as much for their health care as we do for ours and everybody is covered. So what does that say about your claim of us spending most of our GNP on health care? We spend 13 to 15 percent on health care now. It'll be less if we go to a universal system not more. Which is the reason for doing it in the first place. The examples of the other countries shows that their systems are better than ours. All you have to do is look at what other countries do for health care and you see it can and is done well and for considerably less money. So what you are saying is simply incorrect.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

"Next time" you or any of your loyal fans here FEEL ANY SORT OF DISCOMFORT IN YOUR CHESTS start mega-dosing cayenne pepper. I MEAN MEGA-DOSE, Like TABLE SPOONS FULL IN WATER UNTIL THE PAIN OR DISCOMFORT SUBSIDES. Cayenne is a BLOOD CLEANER and will break up anything or whatever is causing the blockage. IT IS A GREAT IDEA TO TAKE SOME EVERY DAY, especially by old farts in here that have been eating dead cows all their lives.

put a 1/4 tea spoon or so in water with honey, maple syrup, or plain sugar EVERY DAY as a maintenance dose. This truly the number one EASY thing you can do to limit the chances of heart attacks. My 80 year old Uncle "was feeling lousy" and even went out and shoveled snow before Christmas and wound up with QUINTUPLE BYPASS and a NEW VALVE. He amazingly is recovering slowly but I WISH I HAD GOTTEN HIM ON THE PHONE WHEN HE WAS "UNCOMFORTABLE."

Via con Dios

Reply to
knews4u2chew

John Carroll:

Oops, I lost your post, and Google's on the fritz.

But Fran's fine, and yes, she's pretty "zippered" up. I was looking close yesterday with a flashlight to check for any possible leakages, but everything is healed up fine. I did notice one thing though. She no longer has a belly button. I mean there is a depression, but no "button" if you know what I mean. It was right in the path of one of the railroad tracks.

Reply to
BottleBob

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do something damned nasty to all three of them.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

And yet, your argument above against single payer is all about cost.

That argument might make some sense if it were true. You can have any opinion you like about coercion, but if you live in a society, you accept some level of coercion. Arguing the level you find acceptable is OK, claiming to want none is silly, and the stuff of hermits.

No, it is a method of getting some reasonable level of health care to the vast majority of people (ideally everyone, but perhaps implausible) in this nation. Right now we have a coercive health care system, and an ever-increasing number of people are asked to not take part. The stop-gap is the emergency room visit, which is the most expensive method of all. People (of essentially all economic status) used to have doctors, and doctors were both respected and well paid. That wasn't good enough for some. Now we have profit-seekers, who find a lucrative specialty of enrichment, taking up an inordinate number of slots in medical school, and medical schools who artificially limit the slots available for profit reasons. "Health Care" in this country is a joke, on oh so many levels.

Most surgery is prostrate... ; )

Many reasons for that. Insurance industry is a major one, maintenance of obscenely expensive industrial equipment (sold to the public through good old TV shows) is another.

Left to its own devices, as you suggest, will only make the problem much, much worse, as the escalating disaster we now find ourselves in shows.

But a major reason they are outrageously priced is that there is no external control, and the overhead in both the medical and insurance industries is oppressive.

I worked in the pharma industry. Costs are very high. Yet drugs are still, in most cases, far cheaper than the alternatives. The industry has its problems, most of which are related to the Capitalist system they operate in (as are most of its advantages). Two edged swords cut both ways.

The biggest problem with pharma is that money is made (and expenses are generated) by developing new drugs, not by making and selling drugs.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Thanks for the compliment Ed - coming from someone who can write well, its appreciated. When I write, I try to keep in mind that you will read it, and with courtesy and grace, pick me up if I get too outrageous. Looks like I am getting more civilised as I get older. (Bugger!!!)

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

No big deal Bob

Great!

An image I could have done without. LOL

Pretty funny. Your car buddy? There is sumpin' wrong with that dude...

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Gunner:

Way cool pics. That's gonna' leave a mark. LOL

I think you'll have to change your handle from Gunner to Zipper.

Reply to
BottleBob

If you had read the very next sentence you'd see otherwise.

Ok, what I find unacceptable isn't true. If you say so.

If you want to rant on the topic feel free to do so but don't use me as the vehicle when your rants concern something other than my posting.

If you say so. Then I don't see socialized medicine as an end-run on cost containment.

Right, many reasons. Including the mandatory insurance that I'm opposed to. Coercion. When you are forced to buy a product then competition goes out the window and costs escalate. I am not going to pay $600 for a prostrate exam in the U.S. when I can get it elsewhere for $15 USD.

Where do you get "as you suggest" from that statement? I think you're reading something that doesn't exist in my words.

_The_ major reason is governmental mandated monopolies. Not just drugs but law, FDA, insurance, and the AMA. The entire structure is corrupt and monopolized with kickbacks to keep it that way. No amount of fiddling will fix the underlying problem. Malpractice claims are probably second.

It's dead, Jim

Irrationally high. Some 40% of drugs are developed under Federal grants and funding through university research centers. Then given to pharmaceuticals to mfr and distribute at enormous profits to private industry with human life being held ransom.

Monopolies.

What alternative, herbs that the FDA wants to regulate and doctors want to outlaw? I once read that a full 50% of health costs are incurred in the last 6 months of life. People must learn to die with courage and not suck society dry trying to avoid the inevitable.

Socialized medicine encourages that behavior for there is no personal penalty involved for abusing the system.

As discussed above, many of the drugs are products of tax funded research and FDA regulations cost a half billion per drug to introduce to market. Yet those outrageous prices never decline after costs are regained. People die because they can't afford medicines until patents expire which is what, 23 years now?

There is no good answer and nationalized health care guarantees mediocre care at inflated prices vs. wildly inflated costs and fair care. I'll take door #3.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

John:

That has got to be THE most outrageous thing I've seen in a long time, think I should post it?

Actually, I don't even know HOW to post it to a text group since it was an E-mail attachment.

Reply to
BottleBob

holy crap

Reply to
Nicholas

Good one Curly - you solved the problem by leaving..and BTW - no one here drinks Fosters, its cats piss. We only export it to the gullible.....

Big Brother - nah, they canceled that last year, it got boring, people stopped watching it, so something equally vacuous replaced it.

Argentina at the moment - whose in charge? - the generals back in yet?

- their economy bottomed out yet?

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
vk3bfa

Ill have to add the total length of the existing zippers to the new ones, and see how many feet of them Ive aqquired over the years

I know there are at least1 foot on the left leg,,6 inches on the right..the new one crosses over the old one and a foot on my back. and belly

Shrug...still have my appendix though...

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him, nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

ote:

Ah, you did. So don't make up new lies to cover up your old lies. That doesn't work with me.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

That's your defense, "alleged quote", no "message id"? Here, read it and weep.

if you'd have the guts to own your own words and apologize for them, or even the common sense to google the quote yourself rather than taking the weasel route. Is there any pinnacle of pathetic you won't climb?

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE