Gunner's Status

People with Foley catheters don't have to do anything to pee. Stop lying for once gummer.

Reply to
Bob Brock

Damn, there is another bill that won't get paid.

Reply to
Bob Brock

Same here Gunner, get well & kick the doctors ass that said you were fine.

Damn BB I hear when people retire their only joy is looking or talking about scars .

Reply to
Why

Get well soon Gunner !!

Reply to
adchin

15 Dem votes in that little family, I'd bet - hardly the Sarah Palin mode....
Reply to
Mark F

Is "compassionate liberals" an oxymoron?

Reply to
Mark F

Think about it.

Universal health care is envisioned by the public as cradle-to-grave medical care with full access to the same services and surgeries as received by those with full insurance coverage.

Where current costs to the individual minimize medical visits, such would not be the case when all believe that medical coverage is free and their right.

This is not possible. Most of the GNP would have to be diverted from education and defense to meet such expectations.

Not only that but these great expectations would expand the political importance of the medical industry and create vast opportunities for payola and fraud.

Reply to
Strabo

Hope you recover well. Karl

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Fred

Reply to
ff

From a casual poster to this group, I am personally glad to hear you are back in business. I've always enjoyed your posts and especially your sigs. Too bad we live on opposite coasts as I would like to meet you in person.

Bill N4ZZO

Reply to
Bill Kehm

Gunner- sorry to hear you went through that, but it's good that it turned out well. We all gotta go some time, but it's not your time yet.

Anyway, I think I owe you a Mountain Dew or something.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

The only thing that hasn't happened in this thread so far is for TMT to blame Bob's wife's brain cancer on Bush.

You're slippin, T.

You got a fever or somethin'?

Reply to
Li RM

Wow, do you generate commentary! Gunner, sorry to hear that it happened, glad that you pulled through, waiting to hear more.

Bert from Burke

Reply to
The Tagge's

God dammit my old aversary, I an really sorry to hear of your health problems, I am delighted to see you are on the road to recovery. Get werll soon and get back on line so we can continue the international mass abuse scheme we all had going.

Reply to
Northern Raider

Yeah, but isn't his whole family pretty much on the dole now? Wife and son's wife and kid on social security disability? Living in that environment, he must feel like he'd be a fool to pay for his own multiple and progressively more expensive hospital events. He probably hasn't even made a dent in paying for the last one, and he'll just throw up his hands if he sees a bill for the latest escapade. Oh wait, I see in another post that he's hiring a lawyer. If he scores in the judicial lottery, you just know he'd only blow through it in a few months of wasteful spending.

Well sure, but you have to understand that there simply isn't room in his budget for insurance premiums, what with the high cost of his health regimen of cigarettes and Mountain Dew. Which reminds me, years ago he claimed that he'd simply die before accepting free life-saving care. Just another empty claim like all the others he pounds out every day. Spend those hours at a part-time job and send the money to his docs? Not a chance in hell. He'll feel even less like working now, and instead probably increase his Usenet ass-time. Which will lead to more smoking, more soda, and before long, his own application for a disability check... so that he can do Usenet full time!

Exactly. He'd tell that kid to pull himself up by his bootstraps, even if he was barefooted. Then he'd spend a few more hours advocating for endless war that costs trillions in borrowed money, and in another thread, argue against deficit spending. He makes Rush Limbaugh look like a deep thinker.

The hypocrite of the century.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Gummer once threatened the daughter of one his Usenet opponents. Wrote that he might give her name to some unsavory characters or some such. Why anyone believes he's a decent person is beyond me.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Hawke wrote: (snip)

Believe me, chest pain knows no politics. You do what you must to survive. I recall a lawyer "friend" of mine who immediately adopted a whole new, and much improved, attitude towards me about the time I restarted his heart and took away his chest pain.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mc

Sue wrote: (snip)

Medicare and Medicaid (Medi-Cal) are federally funded by the American Taxpayer.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mc

Universal health care is a back door into unrestricted access into our wallets. We have no control over costs. $2,600/night B&B? $60,000 bypass? No problem when "government" pays, out of sight, out of mind.

Monopolies are invariably bad for society. Unrestricted, unsupervised, uncontrolled medical care is another disaster ready to happen.

If defense and education would survive at all.

By the way, who paid for gunner's emergency this time?

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

Gunner Asch wrote: (snip)

It's a heck of a lot easier to regrow veins in your leg than it is arteries in your heart.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Mc