Gunner's Status

Me too. I can understand Bob lashing out at people given his circumstance. That's why I don't wish ill on him.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

With one major exception. Be a conservative and see if any compassion comes your way.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Sunnuva... Why the hell didn't you tell them to grab it while they were in there? Just means they have to go back again later when it goes hot... ;-)

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Eh? From what I've seen in recent years, when your not sucking on the pink cigar, you mostly take it up the ass.

Reply to
Guido

It's pleasant to see that you have a tad of compassion after all.

Good job.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

You're too modest, Andrew. You often have good insights and deliver it in an effective way.

-- Ed Huntress KC2NZT.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Good idea, it's almost as bad as Budweiser. Beer in Argentina is poor too but a few small, private, breweries are taking off.

I wasnt' talking about the TV show but George Orwell's.

You guys seem to be worse for governmental monitoring and oversight than the US but less than England.

The Federal government is worse than when I first moved here, it's in stalemate right now with Christina Kirchner Fernandez getting her tit in the wringer all to often. Gridlock for the last year which can be a good thing to thwart a concentration of power.

The Federal government is weak, the military had its fangs pulled, so no dictators in sight. That's why I moved here, people learned the value of freedom and 20 years of military dictators reignited a passion for liberty.

With a weak Federal Government the Provinces have a lot of power and aren't shy about telling the President to f*ck off. I like that.

Plus I live in a remote region of a remote province so there is _no_ federal presence and little provincial governance. Municipalities pick up the slack with strong mayors subject to local elections. Often corrupt but they must perform or be kicked out regularly. Richard Daley kept Chicago running smoothly even though he was perhaps the most corrupt politician in U.S. Mayor history.

Reply to
Curly Surmudgeon

I rest my case.

Gunner will always offer to settle a difference of opinion by fists or guns; no brain power required. No Gunner, rest your heart, I'm not out gunning for you. Frankly you are just too much fun to have to kick around on usenet.

It's not often we get a throw back to the centuries old concept of might makes right. That's probably why you love Bush so much. Birds of a feather and all that.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

That sounds like your evil bastard side, doesn't it?

Which is it you ask? Pretty obviously you are fuzzy slippers that wants to be kick-ass boots. Usenet is full of keyboard wantabees.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

You rest your ass. Of all the people that provide cites on the net..you fall at the bottom. of cites provided. In fact, you provide so few as to be remarkable when you do. Other than that..you only offer up adhom, buffoonery and bullshit. As I said..you rest your ass. Particularly when time after time you snip away MY cites in an attempt to censor the fact I bang your head like a screen door in a hurricane.

Frankly Whiney....its you that are so much fun to bash around. But then, I always did have a cruel and mean side....but you are so easy.

How many murders did you leftists commit in the last century?

175,000.000?

Snicker

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Make up your mind Whiney.

Yes, it is, isnt it?

Now answer the question Whiney

Double dog dare you.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

You boys run along now and clean up. Suppers waiting.

Reply to
Strabo

C'mon Hawke, that's not *WHY* Gunner is a dick. It's just one small data-point as evidence for his overall Dickery. Gather up a few hundred of such data points and it clearly elevates Gunner to some kind of Mondo SuperDickery.

Reply to
Observer

Damn glad you pulled through. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Yes, same wishes from here. He's a grumpy old bastard,who's politics are a bit to the right of Ghengis Khan,but "rec.crafts.metalworking" would be a lot more boring and a lot less informative in the metalworking subjects if he wasn't here. May you have a swift recovery to your usual curmudgeonly status.

Reply to
Grumpy

You're getting on my bad side again. I've got a lot of compassion, asswipe.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Grumpy sez:

"Damn glad you pulled through. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Yes, same wishes from here. He's a grumpy old bastard,who's politics are a bit to the right of Ghengis Khan,but "rec.crafts.metalworking" would be a lot more boring and a lot less informative in the metalworking subjects if he wasn't here. May you have a swift recovery to your usual curmudgeonly status."

Second all that and most of the positive comments in this thread. Hang in there Gunner.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

I take offense at that statement. In my experience, nothing Runner has ever written has even come close to the minimum requirement to be considered an insult.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I'm a conservative. I know lots of liberals who are perfectly fine with that.

What you MEANT to say was: "With one major exception. Be a hypocrite and see if any compassion comes your way."

You may actually be on to something there...

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Go for it. One will still pay over $600 for it (although in your isolated case, you personally might be an exception)...

The alternative to nationalizing medicine in some fashion is leaving it as it is. Did you have another idea? Deregulating has worked so well in all its other attempts...

If you say so.

BTW, the AMA is not a governmental agency.

If you say so.

What about monopolies?

That is true. It is also independent of the nationalization of health care issue.

Why do you think that?

All I can argue against (or for) WRT your posts are the words contained within your posts (and what my feeble memory tells me you've said before, if I even read it).

If you believe "...nationalized health care guarantees mediocre care at inflated prices..." then I'll leave you with that belief. If you believe private medicine gives "...wildly inflated costs and fair care.." I will leave you with that belief. Though the term "fair" is ambiguous, either of the two probable meanings leaves me an unbeliever.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

It appears that his karma has indeed returned to him. All the negativity and nastiness that he's been putting out for so long seems to have come back to him, and now he's paying for it. You know what they say, right? What goes around comes around. He's flat on his back and probably not feeling too good. He's not making a dime now and who knows how long it'll be until he's flat broke. So, I'd say he's getting his payback right now. It's a bitch too. But I am not surprised that the guy has had a big one at what, 55 years old. That indicates he's either very unlucky or he has not taken good care of himself. I saw some pictures of him the other day he posted of himself shooting in some match. He looked to be a rather chunky guy, which surprised me because he said he was a rangy 6'3" and 215lbs. That isn't what he looked like in the photos. So it looks like he was once again telling stories rather different from the truth. The guy is a sad case. Like I've said before, I'd feel sorry for him except that he acts like such a mean son of a bitch. Maybe this brush with the reaper will make him change his ways but my experience with right wingers is that they go the grave the same way they were when they were 18 years old. I don't really expect anything different from him. It'll be just more of the same. But then that's a winger for you. Once a winger...

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke