Survey: Examples of Obsolete Technology Being Used in Modern Machine Shops.

Little story: I worked for a co in Rancho Cucamonga back in the 90's. the shop had a Racine power hacksaw, I gave the owner tons of shit for having
"an old piece of junk", we used it excusively for cutting D-2, had more than a few laughs at his expense.
I now have the same saw, Circa 1950's, still cuts straight within .005 and square, not a real fast little dude, but it sits there and just keeps cutting.
I think I paid about $100.00 for it 8 years ago. One of these days, I'm gonna give him a call and have my overdue plate of "crow".
"D"
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 05:03:54 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Ayup..those are pretty nice saws if you keep em lubed and dont try to hot rod em
John R. Carroll wrote:

John:
    Our shop's got three of them. We use them all the time.
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob