Latest threads in ⋐⋒⋐ Computer Numeric Controlshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

6m-b firmware M53 Macro B
I would like to enable the Macro B which requires a parameter change and additional program eproms. If you are running this control and version and you have Macro B enabled, I'd appreciate if you can...

Hex shank tooling in ER style collets?
Other than buying small diameter ER style collets and having someone EDM out a hex pattern, does anyone know of a source for ER style collets to hold hex shank tooling?
6
6

passwords in TRUMPF L3050 (2024 Update)
I connected the TRUMPF L3050 machine to the local network. Now I can load *.LST programs to one of two directories tops.dir or topsmanu.dir but I want to load *.TMT programs to the machine. ToPs in...
5
5

Took some photos in the shop today....
Pardon the dust and a little rust. Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered again. Living here in the...
31
31

Hardinge DV-59 Turret issues
Anyone got a manual for th turret that goes on the DV-59 lathe? I need an adjustment document. In normal operation..the handle brings the turret forward on the slide, then as it returns..it cams the...

Controlling Thermal Growth...
I sell to customers all the time who need to hold tolerances of 0.001" or so while drilling, milling, reaming, etc. This is not extremely difficult when you are talking about a single spindle device....
7
7

WTB/WTT/WTB Nmtb 40 AND 30 boring head shanks
Needed: 1 1/2-18 to fit a large Criterion boring head I snagged a near new #203 Criterion boring head, but it was on R8 taper and I dont have a machine under power in R8. In fact..Ive got at least 3...

Penetrating Oils
Penetrating Oils Machinist's Workshop Mag recently published some information on various penetrating oils that I found very interesting. Some of you might appreciate this. The magazine reports they...
18
18

3.5" floppy/USB interfaces....
Awl -- Some older cnc mills have 3.5" floppy drives and RS232 ports for serial communication (cadcam DNC, etc). Some companies make either a floppy/USB interface or a RS232/USB interface. This is one:...
4
4

OpenGL vs. GDI - Mastercam
Hello All, I just installed X6 and the default is OpenGL. I create geometry and I can't freeking see it until I switch to GDI? What gives with this? Is it my graphics card? Is there a hot key combo...

Digital Camera Recommendation
About $80 at the low end. My old Nikon Coolpix L18 has been good, so I just got the same-but-updated L26 model for a friend. Uses common AA batteries, a plus for me. Doesn't come with rechargeables,...
53
53

Blade-welding blues....
Awl -- I have a old DoAll DBW-1 blade welder (10465106), and for the life of me, I can't weld 1/2" blades for my 4x6 saws. There seems to be a fundamental problem between the spring tension that draws...
9
9

When to give up on the 4x6 horz'l bandsaw?
Awl -- How do you know when to junk it, and just get another one? I've had two main problems: Blade tracking (jumping off the wheels), and wildly non-vertical cuts. Now, I know the blade tracking can...
39
39

what id the code for tapping on my cnc lathe 10t controll
i need to know the g code for tapping on my sl1a cnc lathe and maybe an example
6
6

10-32 Roll Form Tapping RPM
I've got a customer using standard HSS roll form tap tools from MSC Direct, etc. He tells me he wants to run my machine at 3600 RPM. My gut (and some charts) tell me 600 RPM is more appropriate. He is...
4
4