bonded signals

If a mapping is a diffeomorphism, [ y_1,y_2,...,y_n]^T=f([x_1,x_2,...x_n]^T): R^n->R^n, if y_i bounded, is it that x_i is also bounded?

Reply to
sunnewton

I also think you need to give us a bit more context -- this has that separated from reality look that you see in homework problems.

I think you need to unpack the math a little bit. If I read your definition right it says that a column vector of y is equal to some function of a column vector of x. Say that this translates to

y_1 = x_2 y_2 = x_1

If y_1 is bounded does this mean that x_1 must be bounded?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Dear sunnewtom

Heavy stuff