Writing OPC server with using microsoft visual basic

Hi, I wish to write my own opc server with using visual basic. I am going to use it communicate with my plc, say modbus protocol. I knew that a lot of the 3rd part opc are available on market. But I wish to know how to write it in vb. Please show me the step to begin it. Thank you.

Reply to
lhheah

1) Make or get a list of all the tasks the server is to provide. 2) Figure out how to implement each of those tasks. 3) Work out a scheme for all tasks to work together without interfering. 4) Now the simple part: implement the plan with code.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Avins