Liability & responsibility of electrician?

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:29:04 +0000 (UTC), "Geoffrey S. Mendelson"

You're a semantical twit.
It was obvious to me what he was referring to.
Distribution feeds.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 11:31:43 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck

CE? I am surprised that they did not want it to read "95 - 265 VAC"
That is what most CE equipment works at.
It makes a product that barely works in Japan's 90V realm, and then only on some products.
I had to do a redesign to insure that a production printer (supply)would be marketable/functional in Japanese geographical/voltage markets.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 5, 2:50 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Note: That was a slash, not a dash. This was not a "universal input", it was a dual-voltage device, with a 2:1 switchable primary. I was surprised that they didn't want 110/220 or 120/240 or 115/230. Nope, they insisted on 110/240. Go figure.
Add pictures here
✖

Technically it should be 120/240, I think the examiner wasn’t awfully intelligent. Was this a UL CB ?
Cheers
Add pictures here
✖

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

This was an outfit from Canada that specialized in CE approvals.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 14:58:42 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck

You have a medical device that uses a linear front end?
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 5, 6:30 pm, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

yes.
Add pictures here
✖
message wrote:

its probably classified as Professional Medical Electrical Equipment. If its > 16A or >1KW ( 61000-3-2) then it is exempt from the Harmonic tests. So there is no need to put a PFC in there. But it looks like they are gradually tightening this part of 60601. I think if there is a standby mode then that is tested to meet Harmonics, which is easy with a little PFC switcher.
Cheers
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 12:29:36 -0700, Esther & Fester Bestertester

Yes and start out by NOT cross posting horseshit questions into several groups.
That is a retarded nym, but somehow the stupidity of it does fit you.
Add pictures here
✖

Do you even know how old the machine is? Doh!
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:37:22 -0700, Gunner Asch

Would your only solution for that particular machine then be simply getting an isolation transformer that allows a voltage reduction?
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:22:16 -0700, Archimedes' Lever

Ayup..a reverse "buck boost" or even as you say ..an isolation tranny.
Ive got one actually..Ive just never gotten around to installing it. First the heart surgery, then the stroke, then lots of work...sigh...so much to do..so little time.
<G>
Gunner
✖
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 13:44:18 -0700, Gunner Asch

I guarantee it doesn't match yours.
You seem to think that since you understand the rules of making a connection that you understand electrical power.
I doubt seriously that you have such a grasp of the industry.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:26:07 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Odd...so Im simply a wire hooker-upper? And my CNC machine repair is simply making connections? No understanding of the trade?

Why...because Im not a Union Member?
Chuckle...I charge MORE than most Union Members do. And I get the work.
I suggest you review what you wrote..and why you wrote it.
<VBG>
Gunner
✖
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:16:00 -0700, Gunner Asch

You can get a license without being in the union.
Excuses do not make you qualified. Especially if the tests you took were way back in '74.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 05 Jul 2009 22:48:41 -0700, StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

Of course I can. And did.

Where did you get that date from? Was that the year you were spawned?
I put my C7-C10 on "Hold" with the California BCA in 1998. I think its expired now..as I recall, it only had a 10 yr life on hold.
Shrug..another weekend at a Contractors Fast Learn and take the test on Monday. Not a big deal. Except the fees and costs. Which means Ill simply continue on as a CNC tech who occasionally does electrical work, until the economy turns around. Of course..I may be near retirement age by that time...assuming the US doesnt melt down totally.
Shrug
Gunner
✖
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 00:41:58 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

It can be practically guaranteed to be such.
Exact same turns count, same construction transformers rarely ever operate exactly the same. There are just too many places for slight differences to find their way in.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 20:29:25 -0700 (PDT), Proteus IIV
quiscent is not a word, you retarded twit. Not even when a total retard like you capitalize it.
Something tells me that you do all caps because you are sitting at a cell phone tapping this drivel in, and are too stupid AND too lazy to learn how to type in lower case. The sad part is that you actually spend time keying in your tripe on a cellphone.
If that is not the case, and you actually have a caps lock key right there in front of you, then you are the biggest retard that EVER hit Usenet.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 01:08:07 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

The stipulation was "one side" and "the other side", which sounds to me like the windings of a single center tapped transformer, so NO, there is NO way that there could be that much of a variance between the two, dipshit.
Add pictures here
✖
(acting like the d-s he accuses others of)

So you think an entire town is fed from not just one substation, but one (coutem 1) SINGLE phase transformer?? get real. [You don't even generally get, two 240 v sources from a singe ph XF anyway, but lets ignore that] But even still, you you can have that much variation, especially if measured at two different times, with different loading, different MV source voltage, and different connection impedance. <Go back to smoking your own pipe>
jk
Add pictures here
✖