Latest threads in ⏣ Metalworking Craftshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thread Tapping Newbie Question!
Hi I have decided to try making my own Dremel precision router base where the Dremel's threaded collar screws into a piece of thick perspex (or wood, depending on what I choose to use). A bit of...
7
7

Denham lathe pictures
[IMG] at the back of the lathe [IMG] Denham makers name [IMG] view towards tailstock [IMG] General view towards headstock http://www.polytechforum.com/img/2y/IMG]General...

Strut/channel foot?
Does Superstrut or other strut/channel system make a 90-degree segment that can be used as a foot? This shelf system from Ikea is similar to what I'm trying to do in my lab with my existing collection...

Howdy gang
--Interesting group here; no political rants. Anyone interested in building lightweight transport? I've been working on a trike for the last 11 months; photos of build can be found here: --I lost...
4
4

Standard-Modern Lathe
I have a standard-modern lathe model 1334 and would like to ask some questions to someone that owns this lathe. If you own one let me know. Al
1
1

Electroplating Engine Bore
I'm a newbe to electroplating and was wondering if anyone could provide some insight (and save me from reinventing the wheel) in the following methods of electroplating an aluminium cylinder bore both...
1
1

Stupid welder question
I've got a '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've got two problems with it I need to address. One is that the steering knuckles have notches worn or correded into them on the sliders where the brake pads ride,...
10
10

rol lift pallet jack top seal
The top seal om the pump of my rol lift series E pallet jack is leaking. Having trouble removing the top packing nut. Before I apply more pressure I want to make sure it is a right hand thread. Anyone...

Grinding Silver
Hello - I need a way to grind silver bullion into basically dust sized particles. I have manually taken a rasps, files and such and gotten the desired results by hand. However, this takes forever and...
4
4

O.T. Moving a pool and deck
My parents have a 4 year old 16x32 doughboy oval pool. They have torn the liner inadvertantly cleaning it and have decided they dont want it anymore. They just put a salt water system in it last year....

What's needed to wire up a rotary 3ph converter?
Rotary converter will be installed in my garage and used to run lathe & mill (one at a time). Supply will be dryer circuit of 30A 220v. Wiring up is straightforward, but what switch(es) and fuses...
15
15

yamaha 2 stroke
hi, i know this is way off topic , but..............does anybody know of

Build your own Jet Engine
We have reached to top , in internal combustion engines using pistons , the very best , light weight engines are $700 , and weigh 300 lbs and make 250 reliable horse power , Youd waste lots of time...

What happened to arcm?
This used to be a great place to hang around. What happened to the = regulars? Is there another group that people went to? Guv Bob
4
4

questions about Tig vs. Torch
How is tig at filling gaps and building up areas ?. The projects I have in mind , I know I can do with a torch, bridging large gaps with pieces of rod and welding over them to join parts that don't...
1
1