The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

You got "snowed in" by that one too. :-]

Reply to
JackShephard

ITYM "Y'all".

HTH HAND BBQ WTF

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

Ceiling cat is watching your profligate flagellation.

Mark Edwards

Reply to
Mark Edwards

Sneak out the back, Jack! Make a new plan, Stan!

Thanks, Don

Reply to
Don Salad

Yeah, whatever.

Reply to
Doctroid

"Catch-22", right?

Reply to
Doctroid

"Doctroid" wrote

Good guess, but no.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

No clu>"Catch-22", right?

Probably not. That was Hemingway.

You do know that Steinbeck died before completing "Slaughterhouse Five", don't you?

Mark Edwards

Reply to
Mark Edwards

IFYPFY.

Reply to
Albert Troll

Yes, Ingmar Steinbeck wrote a number of those D&D-type novels, before Operation Sundevil.

Reply to
Adam Funk

I'm in a production of "TomFoolery" that closes this weekend.

If you think a little about what prompted me to ask the following question, however, you might understand why there seemed to be another:

¬R
Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

Only half bullshit, actually. The phrase appeared in the July 19, 1990 Fresno Bee, but it was put there deliberately as a joke.

¬R
Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

IFYPFY

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew L. Martin

I doubt anyone knows, since he didn't even write it.

It was Kurt Vonnegut.

Great book. Great flic.

Reply to
JackShephard

No one claimed he did. Steinbeck used a typewriter. (Now on display at San Jose State University).

It would've been better if Vonnegut had contented himself with completing Steinbeck's novel in Steinbeck's style, rather than trying to rewrite it in "Vonnegutese". Hemingway would've done a better job of it.

Reply to
Doctroid

"JackShephard" wrote

*He* was Kurt Vonnegut.

--oTTo--

Reply to
Otto Bahn

Um . . . yeah. That's what he said. Kind of difficult for Steinbeck to write "Slaughterhouse Five" when he's dead and all.

Who was?

Hollywood should make more movies out of Steinbeck novels. Why just "Slaughterhouse Five" and not one of the others?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

I suspect you've made quite a few people here happy by inferring that ignorance is sufficient justification for incorrect usage.

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

You expect facts to get in the way of Dank spewing his poisonous, pitiable bile?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

The only ignorance I see here is yours, toward perfectly normal language shift.

Feel free to make yourself feel unhappy about it; I promise that won't ruin my day.

Reply to
Mark Wallace