The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

wrote:

Okay, self-congratulatory was perhaps not the right word. Scratch that and insert "smug" and add "a bit pompous."

Also add "patronizing."

Okay, time to add "self-congratulatory" back in. Or "self-deluded." your choice.

And finish off with "clueless" and a reprise of "smug" and "patronizing."
BW
wrote

What an impressive posting.
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 22:49:00 +0200, Mark Wallace wrote:

Classic non sequitur.
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "Uh-oh. Looners." -- Darla

response to my reply to her vicious, abrasive, scathing posting was, in fact, /incredibly/ unimpressive.
But she's bookpro. It probably took her a week to write her initial posting, so any rapid response from her was bound to be unimpressive.
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:35:51 +0200, Mark Wallace wrote:

What does this have to do with Classical Literature, Mark?
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "Uh-oh. Looners." -- Darla

Incorrect way to address a stranger, McGonnell.
--oTTo--
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:18:45 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

I know his kind ...
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "Uh-oh. Looners." -- Darla

Barbara. See the text you quoted.

Whereas you take the enormous amount of time required to, oh, I don't know, remove 97 lines of multiply-quoted text from your reply. Oh, wait, no you don't; I'm thinking of me. Sorry.
Now, then, let's begin examining our unstated assumptions, shall we? Let's start with "Barbara is trying to impress me".
After that we can look at "Barbara has access to a time machine", one of the unstated assumptions behind the assertion that her initial posting in this thread, a reply posted on June 12 to a message posted on June 12, took her a week to write. Another being "Barbara thinks I'm worth spending a week drafting a reply to".
Of these three assumptions, only one has the slightest probability of being true. Barbara, could you go back to 1996 and tell me to buy shares in Apple? Thanks.
--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.

What, you expect a professional writer to follow logic?
Yeah, so do I. Let's see how he does.

That's how I got the money for a time machine. When I make a bit more, I can add the sidecar, and I'll take you along.
BW

Why are you posting this to ark, McGonnell?
--oTTo--
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 20:51:47 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

My computer seems to be doing that automatically.
-- Chris McG. Harming humanity since 1951. "Uh-oh. Looners." -- Darla

Erroneous and unsubstantiated claim.
--oTTo--
On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:49:39 -0400, Chris McGonnell

Well, it did allow him to have the last word. For a while.
BW
wrote

Well, it's pretty obvious that your only reason for posting that was to try to have the last word.
Why not say something intelligent?
Oh, sorry. Forgot you were bookpro.
Nice web-site, BTW.
[massive snippity; you may flinch now]

Is bookpro the newest minority?
COULD BOOKPRO BE HARMING YOUR CHILDREN? Next on FOX!
Dave
--
\/David DeLaney posting from snipped-for-privacy@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower
wrote in message

Good Lord, no. They're a Major Player!

What?!? They haven't postponed Married with Children /again/, have they?
Damn those Fox executives! Why can't they just let the schedule /be/?!?

And you're not about to let her get away with that, right?

She did, but what difference would it make if she simply posted nonsense? You'd rise to the bait either way, as you've proven time and time again.

Still wondering what you find so amusing about that domain name. (C'mon, don't be shy. We know you're just itching to trot out your literrrarrry credentials. Go for it, Edmund Wilson.)

Stalk much?

Oh, it's you again.
Maybe this time you can answer my question: What's so funny about bookpro.com?

That would be you. See below.

Another words, all you have to do is take the bait. Repeatedly. Gotcha.

Such claims would be more persuasive if they were made BEFORE you ended up with a half-dozen shiny hooks in your lip.

"Who's self-congratulatory?"

I'm very curious to know what you find amusing about the domain "bookpro.com." Please share.
wrote

I'm impressed. That's more perceptive than I expected from you.

Er... No. OK, so you've perceived something, but you haven't understood it. Deduct 3 "impressed" points from the "I'm impressed", above.

Nothing self-congratulary there (bear in mind that I'm not mindlessly trolling, so I don't look for "wins"). A statement of fact is not necessarily "self-congratulatory"; do you see any bragging in my statement? I simply stated a fact, and pointed to evidence which confirms the fact. I mentioned how trolls are treated here, in a group where language usage is everything.

I'm a professional writer of thirty years standing. We all feel the same about bookpro. That should be explanation enough. God only knows what BS she's been feeding you, but I would suggest that you take it with a couple of kilos of salt.