The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

Is that twice now that you said you were leaving?

Reply to
Kevin S. Wilson

Semantical bullshit regarding the word "write".

So, you are saying that Steinbeck was not a "writer", but a "typer"?

Idiot!

So, it's OK if YOU say "rewrite", but I can't use the word "write"?

Take a hike.

Reply to
JackShephard

The most correct phrase would be:

"The writer was Kurt Vonnegut."

Reply to
JackShephard

You've never seen "The Grapes of Wrath"?

Reply to
JackShephard

Just axe anyone from the deep south.

Reply to
JackShephard

JackShephard

Was he Canadian? Mmmm... Canadian Bacon.

Reply to
JackShephard

Do you mean "Tralfamador"?

Reply to
JackShephard

You gotta get in to get out... -Peter Gabriel

Reply to
JackShephard

Only off by three letters...

One of which would have been the non-existent letter of recommendation.

Reply to
JackShephard

A working class hero is something to be... -John Lennon

The word for today is:

STAMINA!

Reply to
JackShephard

You must be. Such a thing does not exist. Usenet is NOT a chat forum.

It is not a message forum. It most closest resembles a bulletin board forum, but even that description has its detractors.

Yours, however, is WAY off the mark.

Reply to
JackShephard

He didn't come from here either.

Reply to
JackShephard

It ain't the meat, it's the motion. -unknown

Live it, or live with it... -some lady in '69

The devil made me wear this dress... -Flip Wilson

Reply to
JackShephard

After being all pissed off about others' usage, you call this crap proper? I say... bloody bullshit.

Reply to
JackShephard

Neither of which have anything to do with Usenet.

IRC has "chat rooms", or "channels". Usenet does not. Not in any way, shape, or form, and it has never been referred to as "usernet", except by some dopes that think it is a chat room forum.

Reply to
JackShephard

Jeez... grow the f*ck up already.

Reply to
JackShephard

That's uncalled for. Steinbeck may not have been as smart as Ayn Rand, but he was no idiot.

Of course you can. You just DID.

Thanks, I just took one.

Reply to
Doctroid

If it was good enough for Truman Capote, it oughta be good enough for thou.

...wait a second, I'm getting a clue text message. It says it's for you.

Dave

Reply to
David DeLaney

"The writers were Kurt Vonnegut. So they go." would be more correct. If Vonnegut had actually written that, rather than Catch-22, that is.

Dave "im in ur argument, subjuntivizin ur modez" DeLaney

Reply to
David DeLaney