The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

I thought the PC/DC term was "items of electricity", anyway?

Dave

Reply to
David DeLaney

"What, ne-ver?" C B G

Dave

Reply to
David DeLaney

I think I've never seen a singing Usernet(tm) post before.

Have you patented that outside of this chat room?

Reply to
anTonOMasia

Doctroid

I spent all day in a rack.

Reply to
JackShephard
  • Doctroid wrote, On 06/14/2007 10:27 PM:

-> Glenn Knickerbocker

-> Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 02:12:15 GMT

-> Subject: Re: Meme damage can be reversed, with caveat

->

-> Crgre Jvyyneq wrote:

->> remember "NOBODY'S HOME" forever. Probably, huh?

->

-> I still can't listen to the New World Symphony, more than

20 years after

-> Annie Haslam recorded that horrible "Goin' Home, Goin' Home, I Am Goin'

-> Home" song. And I'll always remember that "This is the symphony that

-> Schubert wrote and never finished," which a friend brought home from

-> music history class at Crane. But the most lasting misassociation,

-> actually, came from my own imagination. Ever since the first time I

-> heard the little alien tune in Close Encounters, all I ever hear when

-> it's played is:

->

-> | |

-> | /

-> |-/-----ARE------------------

-> |/ WE

-> |-----------NOT--------------

-> |\

-> |-\---------------------------

-> | \ FRIENDS.

-> |--|--------------------------

->

-> ------------------------------

-> YOUR

I cannot read musical notation. but, hey, THANKS FOR THE EARWORM!, Mr. Doctroid^2.

I'd retaliate with the tune infestation from earlier this week, but I know that if I recall what is was, I'll have lost again, dammit!

Reply to
anTonOMasia

Prior art:

not to mention a sig I haven't had an excuse to use in a while:

|¬R|

| | |-/--------ARE--------------------- |/ WE |---------------NOT---------------- |\ |-\-------------------------------- | | FRIENDS. |--|-------------------------------

----------------------------------- YOUR

(Also, thanks to Ina Valeria Doyle at story-lovers.com, I've finally found the name of the song "It's the Loveliest Night of the Year" again. Thanks to Bill Fuller at earlyjas.org, and Dee's Potpourri of Webs, I've also learned why I could never find it in books of songs from the 1890s.)

Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

Life is like a sewer: What you get out of it depends on what you put into it. --Hen3ry

Reply to
Glenn Knickerbocker

I haven't said I'm leaving at all. Learn to read and comprehend English.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

I know I mean Usenet. Look it up; it was probably before your time.

"Banana" and "another banana" are two more "well-established and commonplace terms", but neither of them describe a Usenet discussion group. Nor do "usernet" and "chat room".

If you want to use the wrong words and make yourself look like an idiot, you go right on ahead. It doesn't hurt my reputation in the slightest.

No, I didn't. Look up "postmodifying adjectives", and you, too, might learn how to use them.

Your command of the language is pretty poor, isn't it?

Good job you're nothing but a sparks. If you did anything important, it might be a problem for you.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

Great. That'll be stuck in my head all day, now.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

"JackShephard" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Hmm. So he actually talks kibollocks. That explains a lot.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

"JackShephard" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I say that's perfectly good English.

Not read much Shakespeare, eh?

Reply to
Mark Wallace

"JackShephard" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I can't believe you lot, and your crappy comprehension of English grammar.

Someone was corrected by one of you for writing "it was [whoever]".

That "correction" was fallacious, as the sentence "He was Kurt Vonnegut who wrote Slaughterhouse Five" points out.

Nobody, like Nobody, would say "He was Kurt Vonnegut who wrote Slaughterhouse Five".

The correct wording is "*It* was Kurt Vonnegut who wrote Slaughterhouse Five", which one of you lot decided was incorrect.

Bloody sparkies. Go stick a plug on a fridge, or something. Make yourselves useful.

Reply to
Mark Wallace

Get much out of sewers, do you?

Reply to
Mark Wallace

When you say "take a hike", do you mean "go out wandering, my knapsack on my back", or just "stop writing|typing before my brane explodes"?

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

We saw that high school Health Ed class.

It's about haemorrhoids, innit?

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

IFYPFY

Also: Yes it is, times infinity!

His detractor is off the mark?

Get detractor back on demark!!11!

Reply to
Tonto Goldstein

Is that Latin?

Is the plural for orifice, orifices or orifii?

Reply to
JackShephard

IFYPFY

Reply to