The perils of "search & replace" in documentation.

With the YHBT quick-disconnect? I vaguely remember something like that.
BTW, do you think the bozo could point to a single shred of evidence to support his assertion that you and I are electrical engineers, or do you think he just has a rather limited but spastic imagination?

I generally don't like quick-disconnects. I cannot afford expensive parts and those cheapo HTH diodes have a tendency to go POP! with a large voltage drop.

I'll tell you one thing, if you want a new circuit, let an engineer design it but have an electrician build it. The electrician probably won't beable to do the design work, but at least he won't electrocute you like an engineer would.
--oTTo--

They only do that so they can watch.
wrote

Who said you were electrical engineers?
I mean, if you can't speak English effectively, and you're so thick that you think you're trolling when you're being trolled, then no-one in his right mind would expect you to be able to do anything else that requires a modicum of intelligence.
Sparkies, that's what you are: battery boys (as in you've been assaulted and batteried, because you haven't understood the half of what has gone on).
It's kept me entertained, though. For that, I thank you.

I believe we'll file this one under "I Meant To Do That." Any objections?
Next Up: I Knew It All Along.

Objection, your honor. Clearly this meets the criteria to be classified under Item 6, Category 2: "No, *I* trolled *you*".
--
- Doctroid Doctroid Holmes
It's too confused to make sense, so let's make nonsense.

I sit corrected. In fact, my learned colleague, you have reminded me that the following is the usual sequence of utterances:
1. "No, I trolled *you*".
2. "That part where I looked like a pompous ass scurrying here and there intent on correcting what everyone else understood to be obvious nonsense? So that I could show off my ginormous brane? I meant to do that."
3. "I knew it all along."
4. "You're no longer worth my time. I'm out of here."
5. "One other thing . . ."

Corrections!?
We don' need no STINKING corrections! -Hispanic inflections.
On 2007-06-15, Kevin S Wilson wrote:

Is No. 6 "Profit!"?
(I need to know for a prospectus.)
--
On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray,
Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right
* Adam Funk wrote, On 06/17/2007 02:48 PM:

Number Six is Patrick McGoohan, surely.
--

anTon O'Masia [ antonomasia <at> gmail <dot> com ]

On 2007-06-17, anTonOMasia wrote:

No way, he's a free man!
--
Why are they sotto and alto and blotto?
I do not know. Go ask uncle oTTo! [Otto Bahn]
Adam Funk wrote:

You owe Bruce Dickinson a royalty cheque.
--

"Truth matters, God doesn't & life sucks."

-- House, M.D.

Don't be silly. Number Six is a number.
Mark Wallace wrote:

Number Seven was a donkey.

On 2007-06-23, Mark Wallace wrote:

No fortune cookie for you!
* Adam Funk wrote, On 06/26/2007 10:27 AM:

Bah. With #6 you get _eggroll_.
--

anTon O'Masia [ antonomasia <at> gmail <dot> com ]

Sustained.
--oTTo--
wrote

Aah, one of the joys of working with amateur trolls is that they have to constantly affirm that they think they have been trolling.
Tip: Posting stupid replies isn't trolling. It's boring. Get with the program. To troll effectively, you have to a) know what you're talking about, and, b) not say the obvious.
A couple of youse is pretty good, though, so I might crosspost to alt.sparkies again.

Trolls are fairy tale creatures. Wrong figure of speech.

No, to troll effectively, one has to have a goal and meet it.
You don't know nearly as much about trolling as you apparently believe you do.
I haven't been following this whole thread, but I"ve seen your name in it a lot, and I'm guessing that your self-congratulatory attitude and your blind assumption that you know what their goal has been is one of the things that's made you such a fun little fishie for them.
BW
wrote

Who's self-congratulatory? I come to Usenet to amuse myself, when bored with what I'm doing. I hardly think congratulations are in order, if I succeed.
We've had many, many trolls in aeu, over the years, and I've met with many others, in other groups. They all like to feel that they are succeeding in something, but they're so easy to tag along, because all you have to do is give them the feeling that you are getting emotional, or confused, or whatever, and they'll happily post a thousand postings.
My objective, as ever, is to keep them as busy as possible with as little effort on my part as possible. Read a few archives, and you'll see that I do the same thing to all of them, as do some of the others at aeu.
The kiddies are outgunned and have been out-trolled, whether you, from the highly esteemed "bookpro.com" (/BWAH-HA-HA-HAAA!/), think so or not.