The Right Stuff

I noticed that when I bought my optically coated screen flat screen ViewSonic monitor that it said that one should NOT use ANY alcohol or ammonia based cleaners on the surface.

I have found the right stuff to use!

It IS an alcohol, but not IPA, which is too harsh, and allows for abrasion.

It is any one of several instant hand wash liquids. The kind that dry up immediately, such as "germ-X". It contains Ethyl Alcohol, which doesn't have the same evaporation rate as IPA. It evaporates much quicker.

So, just a few drops on a clean cloth or even soft "non-oiled" facial tissue will take off any sneeze spray, finger prints, or any other debris that ends up on your screen, and there is no streaks afterward, and the optical screen coating remains intact! No abrasion!

Just thought I'd let y'all know about this discovery.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

One to bear in mind, thanks.

Would it clean a tongue up if applied?