UK international phonetic alphabet

Martin Hogbin wrote: [...]

UTC and GMT are defined slightly differently, but are close enough to each other for nonscientific purposes. But similarity doesn't mean equality.

Reply to
Peter Corlett

Appologies just seen this was crossposted (it's hard to tell in google) My comments were for uk.radio.amateur

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY EOT

Reply to
M0WWS

Appologies just seen this was crossposted (it's hard to tell in google) My comments were for uk.radio.amateur

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY EOT

Reply to
M0WWS

I thought the important point was that the receiver should already be familiar with the alphabet, and that the words used shouldn't be confused for other words in the same alphabet, not any other words in the English lexicon...

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Pearce

Over a low power radio channel with awful signal to noise.

Depends if you have a radio built into your pen :)

Reply to
Mark Evans

IIRC a US "journalist" refered to Mr Mandela as an "African American" when he was president...

Reply to
Mark Evans

We use 'Golf' for the 'G' instead (USNavy). And someone forgot 'Lima' and 'Whiskey'.

daestrom

Reply to
daestrom

That should be whisky. The irish may, or may not speak English :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Quite

73deM0WWS (Double Whisky and Soda)
Reply to
M0WWS

M0WWS wrote: [...]

*Soda*?

A wee splash of spring water to release the aromatics in your single malt is more than sufficient.

Unless you're drinking Bells or other cheap rubbish, at which point I wouldn't ruin a perfectly good glass of Coke with it.

Reply to
Peter Corlett

sorry for the cross post. I didn't realise that the original post as to uk.telcom.wankers or whatever. Accept my appologies for cross postng to teh idiot's NG

73deG1LVN
Reply to
M0WWS

RAOTFLMAO

You are man after my own heart when it comes to malts.

Dave

Reply to
Dave