lock picking the club

Umm no. Still have trouble following along I see.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Two indentical vehicles parked next to each other I think it is quite safe to say that any thief with at least half a brain will attempt to steal the one without the rope tangled about the steering wheel. However if you can't figure out the difference between the rope and the "club" there is no reason for me to waste time explaining it to you.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Well you responded to my message, not directly to his, so I figured you did that on purpose.

Reply to
Aegis

Yes, I think you are... Either the rope trick will or will not cause an annoyance and posibly deter said thief... Your "too lame to be worthy" comment lends to a retraction.

Reply to
Aegis

No. My too lame to be worthy comment is a simple and obvious statement of fact. The fact that you fail to recognize it as such is of little surprise.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

There is only the slightest similarity between the two. Consequently your analogy is lame. Hopefully you comprehend (Although I doubt it) now that it has been spelled out for you in exhausting detail.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

reduces

I figured you did

yea, I responded to your remark about his response. understand now ?

Reply to
Key

Sure... don't understand why, but I understand that's what happened.

Reply to
Aegis

LOL I'm not surprised at all that you managed to totally misunderstand everything said and arrive at the wrong conclusion once again. I've come to expect it of you. You do realize that for your original argument to be logical thieves in general would have to ignore the path of least resistance and all things being equal attack the hardest target available. That is of course a rehtorical question since in order to arrive at that conclusion you would have to be capable of logical thought. :).

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

That is your opinion which you can't seem to support in any way. That and fifty cents might still get you a cup of coffee some places.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

This argument plays over and over:

What percentage of thieves are "real"? I.e., skilled technically. If it is really high, then it is pretty clear that only really good security methods can possibly deter the theft.

If it is low - then not-too-good security methods will deter a high percentage of thieves, and so provide some degree of additional security.

If it is very low - then these same methods provide a fairly good degree of additional security.

This additional security is only provided as long as nothing particularly attracts "real thieves". So I wouldn't recommend a Club for, e.g., a Brinks money delivery armored van.

Is this concept so hard to understand?

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer
60 Minutes or some similar new thing did a show on the club...

they TIMED the guy, getting it off the steering wheel... 45 SECONDS... sure slows them down...

--Shiva--

Reply to
--Shiva--