lock picking the club

Two indentical vehicles parked next to each other I think it is quite safe to say that any thief with at least half a brain will attempt to steal the one without the rope tangled about the steering wheel. However if you can't figure out the difference between the rope and the "club" there is no reason for me to waste time explaining it to you.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
Well you responded to my message, not directly to his, so I figured you did that on purpose.
Reply to
Aegis
Then what you are saying is that my analogy wasn't so lame... And this thread never indicated that the club and a rope were identical in any way except that they would both provide an annoyance to a thief (albeit, one more than the other).
Reply to
Aegis
Yes, I think you are... Either the rope trick will or will not cause an annoyance and posibly deter said thief... Your "too lame to be worthy" comment lends to a retraction.
Reply to
Aegis
No. My too lame to be worthy comment is a simple and obvious statement of fact. The fact that you fail to recognize it as such is of little surprise.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
There is only the slightest similarity between the two. Consequently your analogy is lame. Hopefully you comprehend (Although I doubt it) now that it has been spelled out for you in exhausting detail.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
reduces
I figured you did
yea, I responded to your remark about his response. understand now ?
Reply to
Key
message
<hSmPb.10185$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.com>
work
that said thief
annoyance.
think it is quite safe
attempt to steal the
However if you can't
is no reason for
lame... And this
identical in any way
thief (albeit, one
you should try and understand what is being posted instead of trying to "guess" what is being said.
my2¢
Reply to
Key
not cause an
to be worthy"
its you thats having trouble understanding. not PYSH. just because you misunderstand is no call to try and blame PYSH.
lets just snip the subject and move on to another.
my2¢
Reply to
Key
You are just confirming I was right... You just don't want to spell "that" part out... Didn't have to waste time "spelling out" the other fluff.
Reply to
Aegis
will
lame
blame
stance...
PYSH is a very bright person. he was probably just jerking your chain a little. lets all move on now, ok
g'day
Reply to
Key
LOL I'm not surprised at all that you managed to totally misunderstand everything said and arrive at the wrong conclusion once again. I've come to expect it of you. You do realize that for your original argument to be logical thieves in general would have to ignore the path of least resistance and all things being equal attack the hardest target available. That is of course a rehtorical question since in order to arrive at that conclusion you would have to be capable of logical thought. :).
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
That is your opinion which you can't seem to support in any way. That and fifty cents might still get you a cup of coffee some places.
Reply to
Putyourspamhere
To a real thief, it's a 10 second (if that) delay... Waste of money... By the way, I'm also of the opinion that you are an asshole... Do I have to support that? Didn't think so... It's my opinion.
Reply to
Aegis
This argument plays over and over:
What percentage of thieves are "real"? I.e., skilled technically. If it is really high, then it is pretty clear that only really good security methods can possibly deter the theft.
If it is low - then not-too-good security methods will deter a high percentage of thieves, and so provide some degree of additional security.
If it is very low - then these same methods provide a fairly good degree of additional security.
This additional security is only provided as long as nothing particularly attracts "real thieves". So I wouldn't recommend a Club for, e.g., a Brinks money delivery armored van.
Is this concept so hard to understand?
Reply to
Henry E Schaffer
60 Minutes or some similar new thing did a show on the club...
they TIMED the guy, getting it off the steering wheel... 45 SECONDS... sure slows them down...
--Shiva--
Reply to
--Shiva--

Site Timeline