lock picking the club

And you call yourself a professional... All these personal attacks... Seek psychological assistance.

Reply to
Aegis

So you went from "same make same model same everything" to "two more or less equally valuable equally in demand"... Don't get pissed at me because you can't hold your argument. The Club still isn't worth using.

Reply to
Aegis

ROFLOL you with your pathetic child like arguments lack the capacity to "piss" me off. :) As for your opinion well it and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee. Wait scratch that. After listening to your opinions I dare say virtually any sales clerk would jack up the price of your coffee to $10.00 just to compensate for having to listen to your babbling nonsense. Meanwhile I am paid well for my opinion of security related matters everyday.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Now why on earth would you feel this is a personal attack? I said nothing negative here at all. Merely that you and Evan are similar. Perhaps it's what you know about yourself that makes you see what is in fact a very neutral statement as a negative one. Follow your own advice. A psychologist could probably help you with your low self esteem. Although in your case it may well be justified.

LOL

I can't help it you set yourself up for it again and again.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Ooooh. That's good! I gotta remember that one.

Reply to
Bob DeWeese, CML

I must have missed that. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that your lack of ability to actually make a point 'has been stated to (me) before blah blah blah'.

That's exactly my point. What YOU are seeing isn't being done by what I would call a thief. A thief is much like a locksmith or any other trade; that's what he does for a living. What you've been seeing are the results of a would-be thief, whether it be a teenager, hoodlum, drug addict, whatever. The Club will not stop or deter a thief. And I don't believe he'll pick another target based on a vehicle having The Club. Hoodlums are another story. Then again, most hoodlums don't want the car (unless for a joy-ride or to get them to their drug stash) but rather the contents of the vehicle.

Reply to
Aegis

As do I. So we're on even ground.

Reply to
Aegis

Now there's the funniest thing I've heard yet.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Main Entry: thief Pronunciation: 'thEf Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural thieves /'thEvz/ Etymology: Middle English theef, from Old English thEof; akin to Old High German diob thief Date: before 12th century : one that steals especially stealthily or secretly; also : one who commits theft or larceny

Pronunciation Key

You can invent your own definitions all you like. They only have meaning for you.

© 2001 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated Merriam-Webster Privacy Policy

What you've been seeing are the results of

And since these people probably account for 80%+ of those who steal and attempt to steal cars, well there goes whatever point you are bumbling around trying to make.

As previsouly stated you can make up your own definitions to words to fit the factually incorrect, illogical argument you are trying to make as much as you like. It only has any meaning within your own mind. To say that an additional security device will not act as a deterent or is useless because it won't stop

100% of criminals is like saying that cars may as well come w/o any locks or security devices at all since some people will still manage to circumvent them and steal the vehicle anyway.

Most pin tumbler locks 90+% in residential use can be defeated in under a minute by someone who is prepared and knows what to do. Does that mean locking your door won't deter crime?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Actually, yes. Leaving your door unlocked (assuming no alarm system) would actually save you having to replace the glass. The only reason to lock it, in reality, is so the insurance co will pay.

Reply to
Aegis

Ok

Reply to
Aegis

Scratch that... You get paid for locks and the like. *I* get paid for security related matters.

Reply to
Aegis

That's what most people would call a "professional thief".

Most people would consider that a "would-be thief" was somebody who intends to go into thieving in the future. I don't think that most people would think that this designates a thief who does it less than full-time.

If you changed "thief" to "professional thief" and changed "will not stop or deter" to "will not stop or deter significantly" then IMHO most locksmiths would agree. (Maybe even without the "significantly".)

But this depends on your non-standard definition - which is a critical element. Your failure to say that made it very hard to understand what you were saying.

Probably not. Note that here you say "I don't believe" - a legitimate expression of your opinion. But above you give the absolute "will not stop or deter".

And they seem to represent the largest number of problems faced by most people.

To most people, if their car is stolen - they don't particularly care if it was done by a pro, semi-pro or amateur thief. (They'll just call the perp a "thief" since they are unaware of your definition.) But they do want to decrease the chance of the event. My personal opinion is that the club will provide a small decrease, at most - but that there will be a non-zero decrease because of stopping/deterring non-professional thieves (that you would label "hoodlums".)

I can't believe the amount of acrimony that this has generated.

Reply to
Henry E Schaffer

Just caught my earlier statement when I made it absolute. You are correct.

Reply to
Aegis

"Aegis" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote absolutly nothing of value again in message > Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize he was The Club master! And you must be the

whatever troll-boy !

Reply to
Key

---snip--

alarm system) would

reason to lock it,

duh ! the insurance co will pay for the glass too..

Reply to
Key

agree, you state

sure he does.. he is one of the many professionals that frequent this group.

Reply to
Key

---snip---

will agree with that part of your statement !

Reply to
Key

opinions I dare

of your coffee to