RFI: What's this lock called?

I saw this beatiful lock on The website of the Neighbourhood Watch Association of South Australia, and I wondered if anyone knows what's it called and if anyone sells it online.

Image link:

link:

Einar Kramer

made by LOCKWOOD

Reply to
JOCK tec

JOCK tec

Generically it is called a drop bolt. Years ago I modified one so it acted like a nightlatch rather than a deadlock for my parents garage.

Reply to
Peter

It appears to be a reproduction of the old "Sears" verticle deadbolt made for them by Ideal Security.

It has been off the US market for a number of years.

The only real problem with them was the fact that when you either closed the door or the wind blew it shut, it locked automatically. Causing a lockout if keys were left inside.

I'd love to see the inside & compare it to the original Ideal instruction sheet I have.

Newnsie

Reply to
UPUHRS5437