Toyota ignition

Made a key for a Toyota last week that fit the doors and trunk perfect. Never could get it to turn in the ignition. Wheels looked straight but steering wheel was locked. No pulling or tugging got that wheel to release. Owner swore it was the same key for all locks. I was in a hurry so I asked him if I could return the next day to finish up. Next morniing I get a call from the owner telling me that he had jacked the front of the car up and the key now works smooth as silk in the ignition. I guess it mustve been in a really bad bind after all.

Reply to
Ros

I agree.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

About like the Mitsubishi I worked on the other day. Guy swore up and down that one key opened everything. Started at the hatch, then the door-all cuts on it-No dice. Found out later the Ignition switch was froze up.

goma.

Reply to
goma865