Q: Where can I find an explanation of how a washing machine dynamically balances itself?

I presume that all top loader washers use a basically similar mechism for dynamically balancing itself. The load in the washer must be evenly distrbuted to some extent, but there must be means for providing the last little bit of trim balance on the fly.

I figured this would be an easy topic to google up. Lots of hits. None very useful. I'm looking for an approach less disruptive to house and home than tearing the washer apart.

Reply to
Jon Juhlin

This solution would apply to items like aircraft propellers also. I asked a similar question in an engineering group several years ago and got no answers. I hope someone has an answer for you.

Reply to
4p1e