Subject Author Posted Replies

Grinder vibration
I bought a nice Dayton pedestal grinder recently. is 3/4 HP, 8 inch wheel diameter, 7 amps IIRC, and has a dust collector in the back, which is why I liked it so much -- less dust makes for a better...
14
14

KitchenAid mixer repair
Took my wife's kitchen aid gear head apart. The sacrificial worm gear fell on its sword. Three teeth totally worn away. Easy fix as soon as new gear arrives. HOWEVER, while running the motor without...
11
11

Come and see the baby!
Seinfeld has much to answer for...
6
6

Part for old SB lathe
Hi all, A friend is trying to find an 80 tooth idler gear for an old 13" South Bend lathe. The part number is PT33T Does anyone have an extra they would like to sell? Thanks, Gary
5
5

Small hydraulic pump needed
My latest research project needs a small hydraulic pump, quite a bit smaller than a standard pump. Plan to drive it with a VFD/3phase motor. I'd like to get it running by next week so cheap and fast...
4
4

I need plans for a lathe bit grinding jig like this? Can a Home Shop Machinist help me out?
I want to build a lathe bit grinding jig like this one shown at ebay. So I'm looking for some Home shop machinist plans that I can follow. I've spent some time googling but could not find anything...
8
8

mystry lathe
I went to pick up an engine for my bandmill project and the guy had a 13" lathe (very old he thought pre 20's) that he offered to sell for scrap. The only tag on it says Globe manufacturing, no serial...
11
11

Dad
To Sargeant Frank S. Bulicz, flight engineer, USAC 1942-1945, SALUTE!
1
1

Bridgeport 2J Vari-speed bushing & upper bearing replacement
What's the procedure for replacing the black bushings for the driven pulley on the spindle? How do you remove and replace the bearings on the two sheaves of the driven pulley? I can get the two pulley...

Remembrance day
Nov. 11 is Remembrance Day In Canada. World War One ended on the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, 1918. Let us have two minutes of silence to honour all of the servicemen and...
9
9

Cutting 1"-8 thread
I have got a nice stainless steel shaft from scrap for $2. I want to cut a short section of 1"-8 thread at one end. The obvious answer is to take it to someone with a lathe and do it right. They...
36
36

Scrounger gloat
I scrounge. Like a cur that can't be broken of raiding the cat box for cat nuggets, I scrounge. A local dirt pit went out of business. They have a boneyard that is amazing. I wanted some industrial...
1
1

Encoders
Anyone know of a source for fairly inexpensive 1000 line encoders? I have an Old Hurco KMB1 Bx machine that someone at one or another converted back to a B machine for some reason. So now it has 200...
7
7

CO2 and sodium silicate molding
Does my member of this group have experience with CO2 + sodium silicate molding foundry sand? My question is how to best "gassify" the prepared sand after molding. Thanks, David
1
1

Got a sick e mail
Said McCain wrote John Hinckley, who is supposed to get out soon. Told him that Obama was boinking Jodie. Just what I heard. Steve
14
14