Fraudulent eBay listing

Why do you want to get involved in other people's misery?

Just because computers and Internet give you a ringside seat to millions of cases of the outworkings of human nature, doesn't make it a burden you ought to shoulder.

You have to choose your battles carefully.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

If the only outcome of my post was more people reporting this auction to eBay, I would be happy enough.

Ignoramus19948

Maybe uses the welding machine in building cages for the fur slugs.

Reply to
2nz
2nz:

I think ya have to have one to apply mineral makeup.

Reply to
BrotherBart

Way back in high school, our team built one of the very first electronic induction heaters.

It would cook hot dogs, but you had to roll them in iron filings first.

Reply to
Don Lancaster

I just read through your email "conversation" with the Romanian guy that you posted the link to. Gotta love a line like:

"...I decided to add a little flavor to the conversation by gratuitously insulting Romanians..."

AL A.

Reply to
Al A.

< bigish snip>

Well, Ebay pulled both ads!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.

RCM only

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:13:15 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Richard J Kinch quickly quoth:

Amen, Doc. I have a sig which applies here.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Looks like enough did, it has been pulled.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I agree. I wasn't clear exactly how in the sequence of events his finger got broken.

Reply to
ATP*

After seeing what 187a migs go for at Tractor Supply today, I would guess so.

So the lack of a reserve price was the tip off? I can't imagine a legitimate seller trying to save a few bucks on the sale with no reserve.

One has to wonder about the thinking of the bidders though. They have to know this deal has to be either a scam or a fell off a truck sorta deal. But then there are some that actually buy stuff spammers sell so maybe, to be charitable, they are hopeless dreamers.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I do it often, start expensive auctions at $0.01.

My tipoff was, I was surprised at first to ask whether I can pick up, and be told that the item is "in Montreal" but will be shipped for free.

It went downhill from there.

I hope that they do not get screwed.

Ignoramus389

Why didn't you report it to eBay, rather than us? Too busy nymshifting?

Reply to
Kris Baker

Psssst...Iggy...you left the portal open.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Just what is it that makes you assume that I did not report it to eBay?

Just curious.

Ignoramus2168

It is not a dime a dozen scam, it is a $2,500 scam. I complained about it, of course, as I hope did others

I hope that at least some people who read my post and complained to eBay, and got the listing removed, may have saved some poor weldor who would have been defrauded.

I do not share yoru sneering attitude towards the victims of these shameless scammers.

Ignoramus2168

Igor. PLEASE stop crossposting to the ebay group. Google rec.collecting.coins and "Frank Provasek" for the reasons why. Please, don't become the troll magnet who ruins this group by encouringing those people to pollute us.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave, I will not do so from now on. Thank you./

Ignoramus2168