Fraudulent eBay listing

< bigish snip>
Well, Ebay pulled both ads!
Steve R.
--
Due to high levels of spam, all email to this account is being auto deleted.

So what does one of these things normally go for? I see the listing is still up.
Wes

I would guess for $5k or so???

After seeing what 187a migs go for at Tractor Supply today, I would guess so.
So the lack of a reserve price was the tip off? I can't imagine a legitimate seller trying to save a few bucks on the sale with no reserve.
One has to wonder about the thinking of the bidders though. They have to know this deal has to be either a scam or a fell off a truck sorta deal. But then there are some that actually buy stuff spammers sell so maybe, to be charitable, they are hopeless dreamers.
Wes

I do it often, start expensive auctions at $0.01.
My tipoff was, I was surprised at first to ask whether I can pick up, and be told that the item is "in Montreal" but will be shipped for free.
It went downhill from there.

I hope that they do not get screwed.
    --OK so you've told us; have you told ebay yet??
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Mostly somnambulent,
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : occasionally brilliant...

Yes, I did.
Ignoramus11334 writes:

Why do you want to get involved in other people's misery?
Just because computers and Internet give you a ringside seat to millions of cases of the outworkings of human nature, doesn't make it a burden you ought to shoulder.
You have to choose your battles carefully.

If the only outcome of my post was more people reporting this auction to eBay, I would be happy enough.
Ignoramus19948 wrote:

Looks like enough did, it has been pulled.
Jon
RCM only
On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 15:13:15 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,

Amen, Doc. I have a sig which applies here.
--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous

Why didn't you report it to eBay, rather than us? Too busy nymshifting?

Psssst...Iggy...you left the portal open.

Just what is it that makes you assume that I did not report it to eBay?
Just curious.

Kris
Bush is to Libby, as Sheriff Baca

It is not a dime a dozen scam, it is a $2,500 scam. I complained about it, of course, as I hope did others
I hope that at least some people who read my post and complained to eBay, and got the listing removed, may have saved some poor weldor who would have been defrauded.
I do not share yoru sneering attitude towards the victims of these shameless scammers.
On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:35:46 -0500, Ignoramus2168

Igor. PLEASE stop crossposting to the ebay group. Google rec.collecting.coins and "Frank Provasek" for the reasons why. Please, don't become the troll magnet who ruins this group by encouringing those people to pollute us.

Dave, I will not do so from now on. Thank you./