Honda Generators

Do they have an extra 3000 poles on hand? 15,000 fuses? 2500 transformers? An extra 1000 bucket trucks? We had crews here from all over the country to rebuild distribution, primary & secondary lines The existing inventory was gone in days, and the work took months. This area was hit with one hurricane after another. Some damaged poles weren't replaced for over four years, due to the money spent on emergency repairs, and the depleted stock of new poles nation wide.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Ask Walmart to help setup the logistics of the supply lines. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The craftsmanship built into a lot of the old gear would be hard to duplicate today with the corporate pencil pushers involved but IC chips and surface mount components of commercial and military grade quality and construction makes for some very reliable gear. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Hell, require gang members to go to police target ranges and receive marksmanship training so they won't hit innocent bystanders when they decide to shoot each other. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Michael A. Terrell" on Tue, 07 Aug 2012

08:40:24 -0400 typed in alt.survival the following:

I want the benefits of extended employment. Not extended unemployment benefits.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Aug 2012 15:38:27 -0700 typed in alt.survival the following:

Tanks sliding snow and ice

Tracks will do that, too.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Was it Reagan that said, "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Cheers, John B.

Reply to
John B.

Those days are over. Most employment has been offshored.

Look for the "Hecho en China" label at your local McLowes Depot or ChinaMart.

Reply to
Hecho en China

walmart would be useless. they only carry items that aell and do not keep items that don't sell. It is also likely that they actually have no stock on hand at all, but that it comes vrom the manufacturer on a JIT basis.

Reply to
terryc

I've never drawn unemployment.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My hobby was restoring old test equipment, and the occasional high end radio. My last job was building $80,000 telemetry receivers.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or just give them cheap guns that explode, and kill the user?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Sure you can.

Simply live frugally and barter for goods and services and you can legitimately avoid taxes. Its pretty much just as easy as avoiding Walmart and the other corporate venues.

Reply to
jim

Stormin Mormon wrote the following on 8/7/2012 7:55 AM (ET):

The labor unions would violently oppose any type of construction that wasn't unionized.

Reply to
willshak

Better accounting and hopefully more responsibility.

Reply to
Doug

Ok, then let everyone have AK-47s, etc... with no qualifications and can be bought with credit cards or food stamps. I bet you'd love for me to say something along that line. I don't think so.

Reply to
Doug

Not true. The ratio of federal govt debt to private debt was the same in 2008 as it was at the beginning of the great depression.

jim

I can easily imagine they would display bad manners like that.

.

The labor unions would violently oppose any type of construction that wasn't unionized.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wrong. You still owe taxes on barter.

Utter nonsense.