Honda Generators

My Dad was a Seabee. What is your point? We didn't need engineers, we needed warm bodies with chainsaws in large quantity. The problem wasn't lack of technical knowledge, it was an overwhelming number of downed trees and downed power lines.

We didn't need semis pulled out of ditches. We needed medium size trees cut up and moved off the road. Yes, an M60 can do this. So how many M60s would it take to move as many trees in a given time as, say

100,000 men with chainsaws?
Reply to
J. Clarke

No kidding. There were times they had to wait till the ice melted to get them out of the lot. It's kind of hard to move a snow plow or salt truck when they are frozen in place.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Some people can't think their way out of a paper bag. Of course it requires planning and there are expenses involved. It also creates some permanent jobs.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or they die when the substandard crap goes bad before it's shipped.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'd figure some troll was adulterating the contents of a perfectly good box.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

No reason to make better weapons available, though. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Will you bet your life on something that stupid?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That doesn't mean he can't bite you. I NEVER trust a dog that yodels.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks for the predictable, and sensible response.

Christ>

Will you bet your life on something that stupid?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Love the way you can make the same point in the same forum, just one minute after the last time you made it. Alzheimer's seems to be catching up with you.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

It's no stupider a bet than thinking outlawing classes of firearms, imposing registrations, and so forth is going to make anybody any safer. The toothpaste is already out of the tube.

Reply to
rbowman

Because it makes the dummy feel good.

Reply to
krw

That is one of the reasons the newer designs have the spreader located at the front of the box. Lack of traction for the salt truck itself with a rear spreader. It works but you have to dedicate vehicles to the job, Not like the slide in units that just hook to the hydraulics on a normal dump body. The worse item now are the damn calcium spray trucks. That crap really eats up steel.

Reply to
Steve W.

Guess you haven't noticed that they already have the "better weapons"

When you don't worry about the laws it's VERY easy to get full auto weapons on the street, and usually much easier in locations with stricter gun laws. That is because the feel good laws that are in place lull the masses into thinking that "It can't happen here, the laws prevent it"

Reply to
Steve W.

Why not, you expect that laws will stop them from getting weapons anyway.

Reply to
Steve W.

Your area must be different than mine. There are a number of service yards scattered around this area with poles, spools transformers and repair parts for times when there are big problems. National grid has at least 4 within 25 miles of my place.

Reply to
Steve W.

The city tried magnesium chloride on winter. I don't think it bothers steel, but it's hell on alloy wheels.

Reply to
rbowman

THey used a road grader to turn snow into pack ice in Alaska in the '70s. Ice on the road? No problem smooth another layer of snow over it and compact it.

They were using still 30 & 40 year old trucks in the township I lived in, in Ohio. Mostly W.W. II surplus. When their stock of salt was gone, the state had to take care of the highway, while the side roads were left alone. With all the limestone haulers going down that highway

24/7, ice wasn't that big of a problem.

I've only seen snow twice in Florida in 25 years.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Preach to someone else. I know how damn weak the laws are, after decades of liberal dumbasses in charge.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Are you always that stupid? You sure seem to be.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell