Honda Generators

Amazon, or Grainger.

Reply to
krw

Of course the M60 tank would chew up the pavement beyond repair, but hey other than that it is a good idea (grin)

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Yeah but I still have some hope that someday you will rid yourself of the paper bag. Hope spring eternal. Now, furrow your brow and answer the question. WHo is gonna pay for all of this stuff just floating around waiting for something.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Wal~Mart has a LOT of warehousing space. My wife works in a "fashion" distribution center locally (they deal with mainly clothes but also handle ammunition, small electronics and other small items). There is also a foodstuffs warehouse nearby and about 45 minutes away is an outdoor and misc. warehouse.

Reply to
Steve W.

So if you trade firewood for eggs, what is the tax you would pay?

Reply to
jim

Who indeed. Someone with brains, which leaves you out of the loop. We pay more for that hardware in an emergency than stockpiling it in advance. 'what the market will bear', AKA: screw the desperate bastards out of every cent you can, because the demand will drop back to normal before long and we won't get 5X the regular prices. Do you ever fill the gas tank in your car? Why, when you can walk to the station and buy it one tenth of a gallon at a time?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't go there or we will have another 1000 message thread. I do think guns need to be controlled at least for accounting purposes. I just don't want anyone to have a gun. You may be a responsible person with a gun but not all are and as I said, I realize no law is going to perfect what I want but if it saves any lives, it is worth it to me.

Personally I don't see what's wrong with having better records of those that buy a gun and perhaps requiring a annual license. Why do you not complain about owning a car because it requires by law, insurance, a driver's license to drive, registration and inspection which is more than I want for a gun? Of course there are law breakers that drive cars too but overall, it's a decent system for car ownership / responsibility for owning a car.

Reply to
Doug

There is an implied value and many (if not most) states have a sales tax on that (or use tax depending on how the state is structured). Having said that, since there is no centralized way to pick this up, such as going to a story, I don't see getting too much money. Thus, while I acknowledge their existence, I seriously doubt their enforceability. Functionally you are both correct... and incorrect (grin).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Easy. The market value of the transaction. You owe both sales tax on one side of the transaction and income tax on the other.

Reply to
krw

Again, you show just how stupid you really are. You're *way* past ignorance; this stuff has all been explained to you many times now.

Reply to
krw

My uterus

Reply to
misanthrope

^^^^^^^^^^^^

The word "legitimately" makes his statement wrong. Sure you can probably avoid taxes by using barter (it is tax evasion) but you can't do so legitimately. BTW, the IRS has come after barterers before. Every once in a while they make a public example of a few.

Reply to
krw

No one wants *anything* to do with your uterus, only protect the rights of the person inside.

Reply to
krw

I love it how, when you are asked to actually back up one of your great assertions the only reply is to try (rather lamely I might add) to insult people. So, if you don't have any actual data to back up what you are saying, go ahead and just make up an insult.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Well if you want to get technical (good point).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Too late. Already is.

.

My uterus

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Call it as you may, you do not have to own a gun nor a car but if you have the money, you may buy either. Therefore like a car, I want both to have some accountability.

Reply to
Doug

No, your just full of BS ... you can't stand someone wanting to account for the purchase of guns. You take that to mean I don't want you to buy a gun and I keep telling you I want accountability so I know who bought a gun. I don't want to stop people from buying guns but that doesn't mean I want ANYONE to have a gun neither.

Reply to
Doug

The IRS regards the market value to be zero if it is not a commercial enterprise. For instance if I mow my neighbors lawn but don't mow lawns for a living that is not taxable. So if I give my neighbor firewood and my neighbor gives me eggs and neither of us is selling firewood or eggs then it is not subject to tax.

Reply to
jim

This no longer relates to FEMA blocking tankers of gasoline at the Florida border.

Time for a subject line change.

.