Honda Generators

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

"To ban guns because criminals use them is to tell the innocent and law-abiding that their rights and liberties depend not on their own conduct, but on the conduct of the guilty and the lawless, and that the law will permit them to have only such rights and liberties as the lawless will allow... For society does not control crime, ever, by forcing the law-abiding to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of criminals. Society controls crime by forcing the criminals to accommodate themselves to the expected behavior of the law-abiding."

---------- Jeff Snyder

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I believe you are right about the sugar and the cartoons. But I suspect you have to pay sales tax on the hairnets and the vats. At least that is the case in most states.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Gumbie knows all about that.

Reply to
terryc

One of these brand new off the shelf, collapsible Paratus Rifle available in 308

Check it out .... I want one, or maybe two. (Swmbo has to have one as well)

Congoleum Breckenridge

Either a "sales tax" or a "use tax" on things that aren't resold. They amount to the same thing but are technically different.

Reply to
krw

Ah! Nice! What kind of accuracy can one expect from one?

And the price? Ive not seen one of those before. California...tends to make me not bothering keeping up on that particular subject.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

$5600 MSRP. Sell the TR6 and you'll only have to scare up five large or so.

Reply to
rbowman

Right proud of their rifles arent they?

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

That was long. I could assemble an AK-47 in 18 seconds.

Ignoramus26166

I believe you would not pay sales tax on the sugar or the cartoons, but expect you would pay sales tax on the hairnets and vats. The idea is that you do not pay sales tax on things which are resold, but that does not include hairnets and vats. Indiana could be the exception, but most states do not have a sales tax goods on goods that are resold, but do have a sales tax on things that are not resold.

Dan The hairnets would be taxed, but the vats would come under Indiana's exemption for equipment used in manufacturing.

A quick google check shows a lot of states have a similar exemption,

Indiana, by the way repealed its inventory tax. they started phasing it out in 2002. I think it was completely eliminated by 07 or 08.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Rate of fire is far far too fast for much of anything handy.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner

Yes, only the elite like Dianne Feinstein should be allowed to possess firearms.

Reply to
rbowman

Too Many Trolls is the furthest left moron to ever post to this group. Like all rabid leftists, yes, he thinks he owns you.

If only.

Reply to
krw

Tell that to Travon, moron. God, you really are stupid.

That you're a certifiable idiot. Your point is squarely between your shoulders.

Reply to
krw

Don't ever expect Too Much Troll to make sense. He has none.

Reply to
krw

Think harder. But don't worry, he'll soon show us all how stupid he really is. He can't help it.

Reply to
krw

ote:

Have you seen the show on cable, "The First 48"? They follow homocide investigators around? They recently had an update on a murder case from Miami. I remember seeing it a year or so ago. Basicly they found a guy stabbed to death on the street in the middle of the night, no witnesses, no one knows what happened. Eventually the investigation showed that what happened was you had two guys breaking into a truck to steal the radio. The owner saw it from his apartment, got a kitchen knife, went downstairs and chased after the two. He caught up with the one in the street. They had a grainy surveilance video that showed him chasing the guy down the street, then the two coming into contact. Hard to see exactly what the interaction was at that point, but the victim then staggers away.

So, the stabber initially denies the whole thing, saying he was never there. Eventually under questioning he changes his story, saying that he did stab the guy, but the guy had turned around and raised his hand toward him, so he pushed him away with one hand and stabbed him with the other.

They charged him with 1st degree murder. He lawyers up and now claims self defense under the "stand your ground" law. It went to a judge for a hearing to see if the charges should be dismissed. At that hearing the guy tells yet a third story, now saying that the victim swung a bag containing radios at him and he acted in self defense.

The interesting thing is that the judge bought it and dismissed the charges. So, here you have a guy actually chasing down the unarmed victim, clearly being the aggressor at that point, with only his word that the victim swung a bag at him and the judge found SYG applied. If any similar standard is applied with Zimmerman, there should be no question that he gets off.

Another rather strange thing, I thought, is that the police brought no other charges. I mean WTF? In FL you can stab someone in claimed self defense and then leave them to bleed to death in the street without calling 911? I would think there would be some lesser charge that would cover that, no?

Of course one difference here is also that the "victim" had committed a car burglary that instigated the whole thing. I don't know what FL law says about the right of someone to pursue someone who has done that. But I found it an interesting application on SYG. For sure if you did this in NJ or NYC you would go to trial.

Reply to
trader4

The difference is that Obama and the DOJ haven't made this case a political circus. They have no business even charging Zimmerman. There is no evidence.

Agreed. That is bad.

There are many good reasons to not live in NJ or NYC.

Reply to
krw

Could be there is a law stating that the use of deadly force is OK to stop a person committing a felony

Reply to
Atila Iskander