Honda Generators

I ended up homeless, twice because of my health. I started over each time without those checks.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah and I've explained myself to the level that even a moron like you should understand.

Reply to
Doug

Car is more useful to me on an everyday basis but both can kill.

Reply to
Doug

Gosh you really are a Moron too. Think a little, I promise it won't hurt you.

Reply to
Doug

That's assuming the guns are in responsible hands I imagine. What if they are not? Do you want ex-felons or mentally ill people having the right to buy a legal gun? I know illegal guns are available but I just talking about the legal ones.

Then the laws are not correct as they are written. Is it possible that our founding fathers couldn't account for every situation when writing our constitution????

Reply to
Doug

Not at all, I merely asked some questions about concerns. I really doubt that NASA just took your solutions at face value and did not ask questions for clarification or look for holes in the suggestion.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Not part of the orginial scenario (grin).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Not always. When I buy a gun from a licensed dealer, they do NOT do a NICS check. That's because the feds recognize my Texas concealed handgun license as proof positive that I'm a righteous person - don't pester us with a 'phone call.

I understand that the FBI does not treat CHL's from all states the same.

Reply to
HeyBub

"What if they are not (in responsible hands)?" Same as with cars or pogo sticks: having them in irresponsible hands is the price we must pay for allowing them in responsible hands.

As for your examples, prohibiting guns to felons is not necessarily because the felon himself is dangerous, the prohibition is part of the deterrent, just like felons can't be lawyers, CPAs, barbers, professional engineers, voters, and a host of other restrictions designed to discourage people from BECOMING felons in the first place.

Further, I submit that "mentally ill" is way too broad a brush. What do guns have to do with acrophobia, or the vast majority of mental pathologies ("Yeah, I collect bottle caps (or Facebook Friends). I have over a million. So what?") And for those few diseases or defects (paranoia, etc.) that may be problematic, I suggest folks therewith afflicted may have a GREATER need for a firearm than normal folk.

You are correct - there are many laws that are flawed as written. As I said, you have the capacity to change the Constitution. Until it is amended, we dance with who brung us.

Reply to
HeyBub

Why did it go above your head too?

Reply to
Doug

Thanks for making me laugh today.

Reply to
Doug

The govt has no difficulty getting loans.

It received 1.3 trillion from bond buyers who understand that the safest place to put their money is Tsy securities

When you can't refute the facts start name calling.

The federal debt will grow as it is until the private sector is no longer drowning in debt

Reply to
jim

IRS will reclassify your business as a hobby if it fails to produce a profit after a certain amount of time.

Reply to
J. Clarke

OK, Brainiac, go find someone fool enough to loan you an amount that has you paying a third of your income in interest and see how you like it.

You may think that the government isn't broke but that doesn't make it so. When it can't pay the interest on its loans without borrowing more money it's broke.

Reply to
J. Clarke

They may have understood that before the T bills got derated.

And how is it going to be paid off?

Reply to
J. Clarke

You laugh at the possibility, but one can imagine a pretty dandy one happening if somebody lit Central Park.

Reply to
J. Clarke

My understanding is that they will try. However, when they tried to institute a rule saying you had to make money (IIRC it was 2 years out of three but I could be wrong.. either way the theory is the same) or it was automatically a hobby has been tossed by the Tax Courts. Again, it gets back to the intent.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

AFAIUI, the Fed is essentially acting as a buyer of last resort, buying very low interest longer term bonds since there are actually not enough buyers who want US-dollar denominated longer term bonds.

They call this virtually unprecedented action "quantitative easing" and it is hoped to improve (increase) inflation towards the target of

2%-ish, since zero interest rates and deficit spending have both failed. They have bought $2.3 trillion dollars "worth" so far (starting as the seriousness of the crash became apparent in 2008).

comments are good too)

IMHO, it's a move of utter desperation and only tolerated because nobody can think of anything else to do within the current system.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

There are more than enough buyers. The fact is, by law the Fed cannot buy directly from the Treasury.

Only $1.6 in treasury securities. They also purchased around .6 trillion in mortgage backed securities.

(the comments are good too)

The money used to purchase treasury securities is not circulating in the economy. It is all sitting in bank reserve accounts.

jim

It's obvious that you haven't been paying attention. What do you think QEn is all about? We're buying our own paper because no one else will.

You're an idiot. Ever hear of Quantitative Easing?

Stateing facts. You *are* nuts.

Good grief! "Borrow our way to prosperity!" What a flaming idiot!

Reply to
krw