Installation of a DRO (on a mill) -- ping Tom Gardner

I purchased a new DRO kit on eBay, called "Uniq 3 axis DRO". It comes with sliding scales for X, Y, and Z axis. It actually looks kind of decent.

The instructions are a little skimpy and I would like to hear if any esteemed members here can share any experiences installing these things. How accurately should I align the rails, etc etc.

Ignoramus22010

The scales have to be mounted as perfectly as you can, make sure the don't bind or get stressed throughout the travel. For the X axis, I made a bracket that bolted on the table that was just a plate with a milled-out pocket for the scale slide. For the Y, I used the stuff that came with the kit but had to do a bit of cutting. I'll take some pix for you if you like. Once you disregard the book and just use common sense, it's quite simple. I am sooo happy with the set-up!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I was thinking of the fun I had drilling the base and table of my X3 in order to mount the scales to it. I was surfing and saw where someone drilled, tapped, and superglued aluminum mounting plates to his mill.

With this >> I purchased a new DRO kit on eBay, called "Uniq 3 axis DRO". It comes

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Tom, I would greatly appreciate pictures of all slides on all axis. Thank you.

Ignoramus22010

I have some pix, where do I send them?

Reply to
Tom Gardner