LMAO real "good news" ebay auction

The antidote to the a$$hole fundies with all the "good news everyone" $#!t that's been here recently: an amusing ebay auction for your enjoyment:

Be sure to check out the comments listed as well...

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I guess maybe I'm just weird, but for some reason, I fail, utterly and completely, to see anything that bears the slightest resemblance to humor in that auction.

Stupidity on a absolutely monumental scale, yes - PLENTY of that - but not so much as a trace of even the most insignificant scrap of humor.

Hmmm... Now that I think about it, maybe that's why I dont have any use for the so-called "humor" of "The Mark & Brian Show" and similar on the radio, or 95+% of the so called "comedy" shows on TV either... I just can't find a viewing angle that allows "stupid" to be mistaken for "funny".

Oh well...

Reply to
Don Bruder

Jim, Thanks for the link. It sure brightened up my day!. The guy running the auction has a great sense of humor. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Sorry Don, I too am with Jim on this one. I thought it was cute. The guy is witty and he doesn't take himself too seriously.

BTW - I don't watch the sit-coms either. I consider most of them stupid, as well as an insult to men and fathers.

John

Reply to
jmiguez

Because I don't watch TV at all, I cannot comment on the presence or absence of humor in those shows.

I do know that the ebay auction got a good laugh out of me. Especially the comments about Vin Diesel's acting career!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Anything that needs a laugh track can't be very funny.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Ah! Another closet watchamacallem (that doesn't watch TV) and has recently decided to "come out"!!

Welcome to da club. :-)oooooooo

A recent article quoted some research showing that for each extra hour a day that you watch TV, your chances of contracting alzheimer's increases by approximately 30%

AKA, TV makes you stupid!

DOC

robot swap meet

DOC

I think it's been common knowledge on this ng that my household has had no live TV feed for about 16 years. I've commented on it many times, and I know there's a large number who feel likewise here.

Understand that we do have a TV, hooked up to a DVD/VCR player. So we do on occasion kick back and watch a film or something.

But most network/cable TV has is awful. So I don't miss it hardly at all. I do know that my daughter (coincidentally turning 16 this year...) does know how to read tolerably well.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

On 30 Jan 2005 14:28:58 -0800, the inscrutable jim rozen spake:

Shitcoms? NEVER!

Hey, whassamatta you? I happen to LIKE Diesel's films. All of 'em. And his women co-stars: Asia Argento, Michelle Rodriguez, Eva Mendes, Rhada Mitchell, Jordana Brewster have all been TOTAL hotties!

Good auction prose 'n 'pics, BTW.

---------------------------------------------------- Thesaurus: Ancient reptile with excellent vocabulary

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey, he could even grow up to become the governor of California some day. Stranger things have happened!!

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen