OT: Got cholesterol?

Sadly, I can't eat bacon because of my deteriorating teeth, and for malts, I prefer strawberry. :-)

But there's a Wendy's, an In-n-Out Burger, and a Weinerschnitzel within bike distance. ;-)

But I really, really miss White Castle "greasy sliders." (I'm transplanted from Minnesota to So. Cal.)

I'm tempted to try the frozen microwavable ones, just to see if they're anything like fresh.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

OOps! Yup! My transcription error - I just looked again at the sheet I got at the clinic, and imagine my surprise - it says "LDL (Bad) ..." at which I got 84, and "HDL (Good) ..." at which I got 119. If you swap them in my original post, I'm still doing real good. :-)

Yup! Thanks for pointing that out.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

When the doc came into the exam room to give me the lab report, he said, "Geez! Your cholesterol is better than mine, and I'm on meds!" He looked to be in his early 30's. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yup. My error has been pointed out, and I'm sorry if I caused any confusion with my "typo". :-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I had quit smoking for a while years ago, then my feet started to swell some.

Reply to
GregS

Nah, I screwed up when I wrote the original post. My LDL is 84, my HDL is 119. :-)

(good explanation snipped.)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Tried turkey bacon ??

Reply to
GregS

I think Big Pharma should go out of business. Mother Nature has already provided us with all the drugs anyone could ever need. Cocaine and Caffiene are uppers, Opiates are downers and pain releivers, willow bark is a pain reliever, and Marijuana is essentially a panacea. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yeah, I messed up when I posted. It's the HDL that's "good", and 119, and the LDL, or "bad", that's 84. :-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hmm. Sounds a lot like liberals. And conservatives. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

When I see people with bad teeth, I always think "wouldn't it be worth getting a part time job just to get their teeth repaired?" In just a year you could pay for a lot of dental work. MikeK Hey, I got an easier idea, come to the gulf coast and get on the fraud wagon. So many people down here making false claims to the BP fund it's making me ill. Welfare recipients getting checks, waitresses that didn't make $16k last received four $4,000 checks so far, 2 guys with $40 here and $30 there to make (maybe) $5,000 for the whole year getting $25,000 checks. Shrimpers with on usable boats getting $22,000, Fingernail shops getting $50,000. Another getting $10,000 because he bought a boat, never fished before never planned to fish. And to make it worse, one person sees someone get a check, so they apply and they get a check and their friend sees they got a check and on and on and on it goes. There are legitimate loses from the spill but the fraud and greed is unbelievable.

Reply to
amdx

At least you didn't ask, "Tried bacon, turkey?" ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

upper limit

That is interesting. Airliners have two pilots so while the 95 diastolic indicates a 2x chance of a heart attack according to that depressing chart at my doctors office, there is another pilot.

Did they get rid of the 60 and out rule that Bob Hoover was fighting? Maybe it was another pilot I am thinking about. My googlefu isn't good tonight.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news:88KdncaeGOLoASrRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

[snip]

I guess the sarcasm in my post due to the ludicrous OT nature of the OP (even though it had OT); was missed.

But if you are actually serious I wouldn't want to go to your doctor if he is cauterising a Lancing. Usually all that's required is pressure or a compression bandage to stop the blood once the fluid is removed. At least that is what happened when my father had a boiled lanced. That was by a military doctor so I think on Civy Street you could at least expect equivalent treatment if not better.

I admit that however I'm far from an expert on the matter an will yield to any first hand experiences.;-)

Chill out Michael just joking.

Reply to
Hammy

That's 15% by weight, if that helps your calculation. (I measured a few batches a few years ago.) You can always use the grease for candles.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

It's not about which meat - it's the lack of teeth; I can't bite through the stringy gristly things in eiter case. I _can_ eat ultra-thin sliced deli meats, in a sandwich; they can be nibbled to death. :-)

And please, don't suggest going to the dentist - don't you think I would have if I could afford it?

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Or you could've forgone a month's smoke ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Williams

I have eight teeth left. One oral surgeon just retired. He charged $325 per tooth. The remaining oral surgeon wants $900 per tooth. The VA is supposed to take care of bad teeth for homeless Vets, and those whose bad teeth are affecting their health, but I have yet to hear of even one vet that actually got a bad tooth out without paying the VA for it. The last I heard, they want $738 to cut out one bad tooth.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had a couple of teeth pulled at the Long Beach VA; I didn't need a copay partly because I qualify under the "means test" (I'm essentially destitute) and it was a medical necessity - one was loose and could have got infected or worse.

I asked about taking care of some of the other ones, and they said, "No."

Thansk, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Go to Costa Rica.!! A friend of mine hadn't seen a dentist in almost 10 years. He had 10 cavities, a crown that needed fixing, and a possible root canal (TBD I guess when they re-worked the crown.)

Long story short, he was able to fly to Costa Rica and get all the work done, plus a vacation, for MUCH LESS than the dental alone would have cost him. He actually ended up having 22 cavities filed. The 10 new ones mentioned above, plus he went ahead and re-worked all his old amalgam (sp?) fillings from his youth. Oh, and a teeth whitening too.

I think in total, it ran just under $2,500 - including the airfare & hotel. Try doing that stateside. Not possible.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm