OT: Movie Robots

Hey metalheads,

I went to the movies over the weekend, and we watched Robots. It is a computer generated comic, about a planet inhabited by robots, with human qualities. I appreciated the attention to detail, in the surface of the metals, the choice of color for certain robots, i.e., the industrial green on one hulking bot, the effects of machining. Another detail was an imperfection in a glass pane, that caught me off guard.

You'll see reflections, and hear sounds, see scrapes and chips, magnetism, suction, lubrication, etc.

It was amazing on the big screen, my two nephews were on the edge of their seats. I'll buy it on DVD, when it is available.

:)

Reply to
Halcitron

I saw it too and recommend the movie. At first I thought I was looking at real objects instead of computer graphics.

Reply to
ff

I saw it too with my kid. It was extremely corny, but entertaining. My kid loved it. The Incrediables is much better (IMO) and already available on DVD.

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

Can't wait till it comes out on DVD and then my kid's grandma will have to buy it. I like the trailer I saw on TV IICRC , the old mechanic raises a wrench and asks who wants to be fixed and everyone jumps forward and the flesh dog runs behind the crowds' feet "Boort" with a worried look on his face.

Rollie Pollie Ollie is about a robot world also.

The other day someone mentioned Stewart Little about a technology and surprisingly knew what that was. Helps to have kids. Yet to see what Plank looks like in another cartoon. My kid has this short 2 X 4 all colored with a smiley face on it and calls it Plank, I said he looks at least a good foot short of a plank.

Reply to
Sunworshipper