OT My second electric bike

Not old enough: You might need to add a ratchet or automagic reversing gear so that it only rotates in one direction.

I beg to differ. Safety bicycles have the benefit of about 125 years of development and testing. Brushless electric drills, maybe 10 years. My various bicycles tend to last 20-30 years. My brush type drills, maybe 10 years of light use, or 2 years if I do serious drilling or loan them to the neighbors. I recently recycled two Black and Decker cordless (NiCd powered) drills because they were so worn out that they were not worth fixing. My guess is about 10 years old and the batteries were still functional. Extra credit to Skil(?) for selling a right angle grinder with non-replaceable brushes. Anyway, my bicycles are far more reliable and longer lasting than my power tools.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Yeah but he insists he owns a quarter of his block! But as you know, the property records say he owns nothing.... on which he says he's going to put up a shop.

"Im going to put up a 30x50 steel building on the empty lot to the left of the house."

Hey Wieber! How's that building coming along? LOL

Reply to
Frogs

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 17:27:33 -0700, Alexander Galaxy Gave us:

Well at least he did not get mentored by Kaczynski. Sounds like he wanted to though.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Huh? At "several tens of miles an hour" on 0.1 HP? Someone should have told me that when I got my AYH Century in 1965. It took me close to 13 hours to pedal 100 miles, and I also raced bicycles in road sprints, so I had decent horsepower.

It sounds more like a fun experiment to satisfy one's curiosity.

Doing math isn't much fun. Building things to experiment with can be a lot of fun.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

Whoops, memory fails: that was a double century on flat ground (Princeton, NJ to Cape May Courthouse and back.) I did the century in something like 6 hours. Then we rode back for the double century.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"most" "clamp-on" meters are inductive and won't read DC currents. Only a few more expensive specialty "hall effect" "clamp on" meters can read DC current. Also some "slip on" meters that are in effect a simple magnetic compas can read DC as well. They are not highly accurate but as a mechanic I used a pair of them for checking charging and cranking current.

Reply to
clare

I've likely built more than you - including a fully functional electric car AND an electric assist bicycle that WAS legal.

Reply to
clare

Which means exactly what in this discussion?????

Reply to
clare

ans those current clamps read DC?

Reply to
clare

Just sold a perfectly serviceable original 1943 CCM about 4 years ago.

Reply to
clare

So the CA economy has been bad for decades?

Obviously you were doing poorly in good time and bad. Nobody forced you to keep making the same mistakes for decades. Those mistakes include spending so much time on Usenet writing stupid excuses.

Reply to
Frogs

You don't have any choice. Nobody in their right mind would give you any serious amount of credit. At least, not on purpose. The medical system fronted you hundreds of thousands, and got zero in return.

No, the last thing you bought on credit was some $38 purchase with PayPal. And at the end of the two weeks credit, they found your account empty. And then you came here with your crybaby act only to be proven incapable of keeping your end of the bargain, or accepting your mistake.

You don't own that double wide. The lien holders do. Don't believe me? Try to sell it and see what happens.

Bullshit. Some of your liens are for other than property taxes. Over 3 decades of liens and judgments.

Frogs

Who do you think you're fooling? You never owned that lot, or even the lot your double wide sits on. And there was never any chance you were going to be able to buy it or any new building, as proven by your record of never being able to pay the property tax on your trailer.

It has little to do with age. You CAN'T move. For starters, you probably couldn't fill your gas tank once, let alone multiple times.

Reply to
Frogs

Work implies a full time income. You don't "work." You scrounge, part time.

Reply to
Frogs

ANOTHER ridiculous death threat! How's that been working for you so far?

Reply to
Frogs

You don't know what you're talking about. One can read AC and DC current flow easily with any Hall Effect clamp DMM. You are a phony.

Reply to
Frogs

Yes. Google Hall Effect clamp meters. Samples here.

Beautiful William

Rubbish. You can buy a Hall Effect clamp meter for under $30.

Reply to
Beautiful William

Can't remember if he ever posted photos. But he definitely built one.

Reply to
Beautiful William