OT My second electric bike

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:19:17 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

With your lack of grasp of electronics, you should be over in the basics group.
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 16:19:17 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
Yes, then you measure the *voltage* across the shunt. This can be done with small wire. The primary concern is mechanical.

That's exactly what it means. ;-)
Ignore AlwaysWrong. He doesn't how to do this anyway.

You're an idiot, and you know nothing about my abilities.
On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 22:16:40 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Oh, yes we do, AlwaysWrong. You got that name for good reason.
Gave us:

Says the retarded idiot who thinks that most handheld meters will not read DC current.
You are an idiot.
Gave us:

Where did anyone say a damned thing about "induction meters"?
Most modern meters are DVMs.
On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 19:03:57 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Which means exactly what in this discussion?????

You don't know what you're talking about. One can read AC and DC current flow easily with any Hall Effect clamp DMM. You are a phony.

The Fluke i410 in this case. I guess I would have to post a link for these low IQ dolts though, because they apparently lack the aptitude to even perform a simple web search.
On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 17:00:37 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The current clamp alone is over $300, and then you still need the "meter" for it - and the recommended A3002FC is another $178. Not exactly what I would call cheap. And that's only 400 amps. The 1000 amp unit is over $500 (i1010)
Compared to 20 years ago? Cheaper - but still not cheap.
On Sun, 12 Jun 2016 17:18:15 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca Gave us:

The discussion was about function not price.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 18:21:16 -0000 (UTC), John Doe

Learn some basic Usenet conventions and civil behavior, you retarded, pathetic worm.
Gave us:
snip

The only thing more retarded than a filter retard is a filter retard who announces his retarded filter file edit sessions.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 21:48:40 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
This is Usenet, you retarded fuck. It is NOT "your thread" in any way, shape, or form.

I prefer a delayed bank debit which gives me an extra 14 days to raise the money. Followed by a visit to the bank to clear up the overdraft fees. Isn't that how everyone does it?
Gunner (posting from my new mobile office)
"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."
Gave us:

No, you retarded brain damaged dumbfuck. It is but one example.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 02:02:23 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

And a not very cheep example - as the part you posted is only the sensor - and still requires a meter.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:13:45 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca Gave us:

Of course. Must current clamps of that type ARE "Probes" for existing meters. Just like the 'provided' temp probe is, even though it is part of the baseline package.
On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 14:19:06 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The vast majority of AC clamp meters are integrated - and only the integrated DC clamp meters are in the "affordable" realm. Many of the bare sensors run between $100 and $400 for industrial standard quality - and more for lab quality.
I'm not saying they ALL are - you can get deals occaisionally - but industrial quality DC current sensors at the component level are NOT CHEAP. (most cost significantly more than an arduino processor often used with them to integrate data)

"most" "clamp-on" meters are inductive and won't read DC currents. Only a few more expensive specialty "hall effect" "clamp on" meters can read DC current. Also some "slip on" meters that are in effect a simple magnetic compas can read DC as well. They are not highly accurate but as a mechanic I used a pair of them for checking charging and cranking current.